Like new Cornwall IV pair for sale, save 2 Grand!

ClaudeJ1

On 3/19/2020 at 4:17 PM, Randyh said:

good point , my 79-80 Cornwalls are 40 years old , oh yeah , I have to change the capacitors -----after 10-20-30-40 years --------------not bad for stock speakers , now I have Heresy speakers that are 1977-----and 0 problems -

The "old" Klipsch and Associates company, before Bob Moers became it's President in the 70's, did not have an official Warranty for their speakers. They attitude was: "If the problem is legitimate and customer is cool, fix him up." Blown tweeters were the biggest issue, causing the Khorn Network to go from an A to an AA.

But I'm thinking because of regulatory bodies, etc. came up with: "If you don't have an official warranty, you must say so."

Which then cause Klipsch and Associates to come up with an official warranty in WRITING. As usual, lawyers in government spoil everything.

My favorite warranty was for Quad ElectroStatic Loudspeakers. They said they were warranted for X years IF you didn't remove the grilles. If you did, then the warranty would convert to "Lifetime" which would be very short, since the driving voltage was dangerously high and the customer's life would be over quick. LOL

You gotta love that British sense of Humor!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Randyh said:

yes ---good ole days , a smaller  cie --

tell me Claude , do you know whether the new midrange Celestion driver is an 8 or 16 ohms  -

8 ohms be my guess, but not sure. You can only buy it from England AFAIK, but the data sheet should be available. I know of one American that bought a pair for his K-402's.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 10:56 PM, Randyh said:

Amazing trend , Iconic  Heritage American speakers using British tweeters and midrange , finally  , and they are so easy to repair ,   kinda reminds me of the Ditton 66 ------the revenge of the Brits -   the veneer was quite thick -

I used to sell those in the early 80's. Only difference was ours had tweed grills.

On 3/20/2020 at 2:22 PM, Randyh said:

yes ---good ole days , a smaller  cie --

tell me Claude , do you know whether the new midrange Celestion driver is an 8 or 16 ohms  -

Which Celestion driver model is it does anyone know? Thanks.

On 3/19/2020 at 1:04 PM, ClaudeJ1 said:

Again, there's no warranty needed with HERITAGE Klipsch speakers, unless they are abused by TOO MANY WATTS at stupid loud levels, but manufacturer can't possibly warranty melted woofer coils now can they???. Since there's no warranty on used items, this is what you get, but so what????? Just like GM doesn't warranty your car in a crash.

Look, these speakers are not mine to sell, so I don't care that much. I just thought if someone BELIEVED in the sonic superiority of Cornwall IV's vs. the older Cornwalls, based on all the reviews, this was a good way to save some money and still get the SOUND................................geez, people...............

Hey, calm down! My post was strictly for information, for those that apparently didn't know much about B stock....geez!

• 1 month later...