Trying to match this Klipschorn color

moriceman

Thank you.  I've tried them both and although close, they don't match.  I have not been able to find any color identifying information from the historical Klipsch archives I have looked into to see if certain serial number groupings were stained a certain stain.

IMG-1387.jpg

I'm no expert, but the lines on the stain job are so perfect that I think it is factory.  They still have the sheen of the poly and I believe the speakers have been kept out of the sunlight for 50+ years.  I'm the third owner, and the second owner had them completely out of the sunlight.

I'm the second owner of the 77's, and they had a bit of water damage on the bottom that I am eliminating with the sand/stain.

Thanks for the input,

Mo

• 2 weeks later...

The shipping logbook for these serial numbers was lost many years ago.  I agree that the wood is almost certainly walnut.  It is likely that they were not stained, but even if they were, the exact same stain on another wood species (birch) would not look the same.  Color matching one species with another will nearly always require custom blending, and even then, don't expect perfection.