Klipsch LaScala II stereo speakers B Stock $2400 in PA

yorkdaletoronto

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649602495-klipsch-lascala-ii-stereo-speakers-b-stock-local-pickup-only/

Seller state that he will keep the  Altec 19. So basically La scala ii is not as good as the big old 2 ways Altec ? probably bad performance compare to  Altec 19 in the low frequency spectrum ? 

25 minutes ago, Randyh said:

B stock ,  definitely not any higher -

So Randy, I guess you haven't seen prices of vintage LS lately........

A stock, brand new $8K MSRP, but they are no longer the "new" model....The AL5 is the current.

B stock could mean virtually anything, even a small scratch or odd pattern wood.

Sale is pending payment.  Actually that is a very good price for someone that wants the black.  They looked to be well taken care of, although someone had affixed after market badges to them.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2020 at 9:07 PM, yorkdaletoronto said:

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649602495-klipsch-lascala-ii-stereo-speakers-b-stock-local-pickup-only/

Seller state that he will keep the  Altec 19. So basically La scala ii is not as good as the big old 2 ways Altec ? probably bad performance compare to  Altec 19 in the low frequency spectrum ? 

No, that's just one person's preference, and not a common one.  The Altec 19 is now a pretty old speaker, while the La Scala has been updated over the years, and was upgraded quite a bit when it became the La Scala II.  The latest version is the La Scala II AL5, which is even further improved. Don't go by "probably", without hearing both speakers being discussed. 

8 hours ago, Schu said:

2500 is what I paid for my first pair of LSii's... A stock. (Of course they arrived damaged.)

I could use a single if anyone wants the other

Did you ever get that sorted out, Schu?  It was saddening to see the pictures.

5 hours ago, Islander said:

Did you ever get that sorted out, Schu?  It was saddening to see the pictures.

that was a log time ago... I negotiated a final price of <1500 for those LSii's and listened to them for a year or two. Sold since and replaced with another NEW set or LSii's... many happies have been experienced.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...