New Heresy IV review by Andrew Robinson

Drewg

18 hours ago, Charles T said:

I agree with his wife though. Way too much "gushing". And that he keeps saying that you no longer need subwoofers with them. That's just nonsense. ALL loudspeakers of any size and design will still benefit from properly placed and dialed in subwoofers. 

Not so much.

https://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/486vmps/index.html

While the low E from a double bass or bass guitar is not as strong as a low G through the Heresy IV, it is close.  Close enough the H IVs don't need subwoofers as there is precious little music below that low E. 

You need to spend some time listening to them and you will understand. 

“Need” is a subjective word.  My ported DIY Super Heresys, and my Supered HIPs, with bass comparable to Heresy IVs, don’t need a sub, but they certainly benefit from a sub, or four, as in my system.  The same can be said for subs 2 - 4; none was needed but each enhanced the SQ.

To keep Mr. Robinson’s opinion in perspective, he included the Bose Acoustimas speaker among his top 10.  He also cuts his own hair.

• Like 1

18 minutes of over the top reviewing , he is on youtube and desperately wants followers cus that's where the money is .

I don't believe you can make such statments without hearing  them next to the previous heresy model .

just me 2 cents 

1 hour ago, Kidd said:

I don't believe you can make such statments without hearing  them next to the previous heresy model .

Definitely a more accurate way but Andrew has reviewed the H3's.

Remember, only your ears with your gear in your room.

Bill

I like Mr. Robinson's neighborhood.  He has a nice place to hang his hat.  He has a nice wife.  He gets to play with cool toys. 

That said, it's probably best to take any review from any reviewer, print or on-line, with a grain of salt. 

With a grain of salt? Of course.

None the less I believe this enthusiastic review reflects a very extensive redesign of the crossovers by Roy based on science and perception.

Let me point out.I

First time hearing a K-Horn.  As said elsewhere, almost a religious experience.

The Forte I with a passive got excellent reviews.  

The tractrix.  History shows that Klipsch liked it so much it was put into the Forte II, Cornwall II, and Quartet.  Yup, my Forte II had something grand. I had go sell them but the Quartets have much of it.

My point is that some designs and re-desgns are worthy of gushing about and reviews are justified..

WMcD

WMcD

• Like 1