The Klipsch Audio Community
Alexander

Calibrated microphone -best bang for the buck

Will be looking to get a calibrated microphone and am looking for models that you all have tried. Cost is a factor of course but if there is one better than another for maybe $20-30 one would only buy one once and not have to replace it later.

27 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Will be looking to get a calibrated microphone and am looking for models that you all have tried. Cost is a factor of course but if there is one better than another for maybe $20-30 one would only buy one once and not have to replace it later.

https://www.soundimports.eu/en/umik-1.html

try to get it from a local audio dealer somewhere in the USA , I can highly recommend it and use it myself for my measurements at home, even when ist is a little more expensive ...

12 hours ago, Alexander said:

I think the going price is about $75.00 to $100.00; calibration does not come cheap.  You may want one that allows you to enter the calibration their lab derived when measuring the mic into REW (which is free)..  Look for a USB mic so yon won't need a mic preamp (I think).   There is an LVC thread on this.  I recommend reading it. 

https://www.minidsp.com/products/acoustic-measurement/umik-1

knipsel.jpg