Klipsch 65th anniversary poster

wuzzzer

• Moderators

If I owned this company I would want more posters, some new some retro style, there is a whole lot of history to get ideas from. Could be some great ones even with concert and theater settings. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Marketing and advertising is fickle to say the least.  I slip my Klipsch T shirt on here every once in a while here when I go listen to someone or just hang.  I can't believe the number of people here in Ohio who've never heard of Klipsch.  A few say they've heard them at Best Buy and loved the sound.  That's when I tell them they should check out the Heritage line and watch they're faces.  It's a duh look for sure EVERY time.  Then I point them to check out the company web site.  Those I know come back and tell me they did and were wondering get an open invite to stop over and listen.  It's fun watching their jaws drop.  You've just set their bar a bit higher when it comes to sound reproduction.  Gives them a brass ring to reach for down the road.

So does Klipsch really NEED the marketing and advertising stuff when they have a speaker that sells itself to a more critical listener?  Maybe and maybe not.  What would PWK do?  It's BULLSHIT?  Bottom line bling is bling.  IF ya wanna showboat ya might want it and if ya don't care then ya don't.  It's always nice to have something.  Sure the true Klipsch lovers want it but is it worth the money spent to have it?  Then everyone has one.  So the company make a bit of pocket change? 

I kind like the challenge of nosin and keeping my eyes open looking for things.  They're out there somewhere.  Maybe.  So IF anyone has something lemme know!  hahahahah  Yea, the struggle is real.  :) 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

I can't believe the number of people here in Ohio who've never heard of Klipsch.  A few say they've heard them at Best Buy and loved the sound. 

People from Ohio are so stupid....  (<---says he who was born & grew up there) :unsure2:

I bought my LaScalas in 1979 and left the State after graduation in February of 1984.  

Never in my years in college did I have a single person who even heard of the brand.

Never in my time in Sioux City Iowa did I meet a single person who even heard of the brand

Yes, never in my time living in Indianapolis, did I meet a single person who ever heard of the brand (this was WAY before the company moved)

In fact, I don't think it was until joining this forum that I finally found folks (The Brotherhood) who knew the brand.  I was amazed at how little the public (in my circles) knew of the LaScala specifically (zero) or even the company (another zero)

It wasn't until meeting the kooks on this forum that I felt I could finally take a breath & relax with those that also "get it"

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Randyh said:

Actually , the klipsch speakers were very known ,back then   but they were very expensive for the ordinary folks   and , they were huge ----top of the line --- and a mythical product  that only a few could afford - --

I heard Heresy's at a friends and did not think anything of it, most around here had Altec Lansing products. Huge and expensive was the norm as far as i remember.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randyh said:

Actually , the klipsch speakers were very known ,back then   but they were very expensive for the ordinary folks   and , they were huge ----top of the line --- and a mythical product  that only a few could afford - --

Might have been well known but (my) reality still exists....  never did I bump into a single person ever, that had a clue what it was.

Then again....  I got them when I was 19 so it's possible not too many 19 year olds go grab a set of new LaScalas.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Randyh said:

the Khorn  was an icon but  , folded horn speakers were still considered an odd thing in the 70's , PWK was a rebel in the sound industry who stuck to his products , and quite a  few did not see him , as the Genius yet - , do you remember how much you paid for the Lascala's , I still have bills of sales of my CW and LSI , they used to give you the sales slip with a brochure of the product

I honestly have NO recollection of price....  I want to say "about" $1,200??  They were raw birch.

Now....  would Mr. Hunter know?  I've got serial numbers, he should be able to look up Carlon Audio,  Fairfield Ohio.  Though that might not give him the retail price.

I never sent in my warranty info on them....  so I've always wondered if he would have any records.  Reworded, I wondered if the dealer from which they were bought, might have provided the company some of that info.