Klipsch 65th anniversary poster

wuzzzer

31 minutes ago, Randyh said:

the Model 19 was THE speaker in 76 ----big - huge , I think they were 1500$ back then , big money -a decent amplifier was 500$ -750$ , by the time you bought everything ,turntable , amp , preamp  -EQ etc  -- it was equivalent to  the cost of a  decent car

The only thing i remember is the Marantz purchased around that time, just over $700 with tax.

Dad gave me the Fisher & Thorens and bought me a set of new Jensen's.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Coytee said:

People from Ohio are so stupid....  (<---says he who was born & grew up there) :unsure2:

So that's what it is, ever notice something is different but not sure what it is. :lol:

37 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I honestly have NO recollection of price....  I want to say "about" $1,200??  They were raw birch.

I think your very close.

3 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

So does Klipsch really NEED the marketing and advertising stuff when they have a speaker that sells itself to a more critical listener?  Maybe and maybe not.  What would PWK do?

PWK did actually answer that after someone asked the same question. His answer was " How much money does one man need ?"

But now it's owned by a different group so it's a good question now.

33 minutes ago, dtel said:

So that's what it is, ever notice something is different but not sure what it is. :lol:

HA!  I'm sooooo not touching that but I am circling the wagons!

33 minutes ago, dtel said:

PWK did actually answer that after someone asked the same question. His answer was " How much money does one man need ?"

But now it's owned by a different group so it's a good question now.

Sounds like PWK from what I've read.  

I remember RB LS in 1967 being either $1500 or $1800 each.  I wanted them then but that was crazy nuts back then.  I'd read everything about them and knew they were the best.  God knows I lugged enough of them back in the day.  Many had JBL's then too since they were a bit cheaper.

• Haha 1

Well, leave it up to you knuckleheads to derail yet another thread.  😉

Since we're on the subject, my best friend since elementary school got me started with Klipsch.  He had a pair of KG .5 bookshelf speakers that were tiny but sounded great for their size.  My first foray into home theater was a KV-1 center speaker.  Neither of us had money but we knew the quality was there.  We used to go to a couple local Audio King stores and drool over the monster Klipsch they always had set up.  I sure miss those days.

Besides him, the only other people I've ever met who know Klipsch are people I've bought them from and people I've met from the forum. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Well, leave it up to you knuckleheads to derail yet another thread.  😉

Every thread I expect it now.

I still like your poster. :D

32 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Besides him, the only other people I've ever met who know Klipsch are people I've bought them from and people I've met from the forum. 

Same for me, this hobby is a small group of people, only a small part of that group love Klipsch so it's a pretty small group of crazies. I told someones wife once who was making fun of us, well he could like to watch strippers instead, it's also fun, she was happy with the music thing.

20 hours ago, dtel said:

If I owned this company I would want more posters, some new some retro style, there is a whole lot of history to get ideas from. Could be some great ones even with concert and theater settings. 

Posters have stayed around for years. Would love to have any that are made from the past to future ones. Really like my Klipsch coffee cup  Agree on Klipsch posters. thanks

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Randyh said:

the artistic  work is not very appealing , although rare ,  in that poster ,  take per example Harley Davidson  ,  adds ---posters ,  they are so representative of the brand , Klipsch  has it's own identity , but I dont see much of it in the poster ------the caligraphy in the logo  , the V -----is just bland ----you want it to be funky ,  sparkling , colorful  ----and at the same time a piece of art -

I don't see any calligraphy, where is it?

Mark