New Amps

A1UC

31 minutes ago, A1UC said:

okay then I’ll just post in What I got today lol

With our lack of input I'm sure you'll get them both, A-B them and sell the loser here on the forum.  The winner will take up residence in your house for approximately 2 months before it's on to bigger and better things.

EXPENSIVE , composite materials ,  complex paint jobs , a high end audio roduct for the connoisseur

My dealer has 9 pair now all trade ins towards focal , I listened to pretty every model and was not impressed . Last pair traded in were Alexia 2’s. He traded for a pair of FOCAL MAESTRO UTOPIA EVO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I envy your “budget” for amplification. It appears the Constellation uses standard Class AB and Rowland the Hypex nCore for power design. As you know you can find quite a number of high end Class AB amps many of which may have a better resale when it comes that time (you know that time). Pass Labs, D’Angastino, McIntosh, etc etc. Seems the Rowland’s are extremely expensive particularly in their use nCore Class D. But they are beautiful when carved from blocks of aluminum, machining and finishing is expensive. If considering nCore why not go direct to the designer/inventor of the technology, Hypex and Bruno Putzeys. Their Mola Mola monos are half the price of Rowland’s and I’d bet one would need a keen ear to hear a $15000 difference. Plus, they are convenient to handle weighing a fraction of the Rowland’s. Of course I’ll most likely never hear the two brands you show but I’ve owned “cost conscious” Pass amps and have and currently use nCore with Jubilee and LS. Overkill maybe but overall they are hard to beat and the Jube bins do come alive when they see huge power supplies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, glens said:

I don't get it...  I've got less than $3k in my entire system.  It's the most ever (even taking in devaluation of the dollar since the '70s) and I feel just a tad guilty for being even that extravagant.

Everyone has their own personal value system and I spend my hard earned money how I want and I hope others do the same.. 🙂

What's wrong with the class D blacks? Are you looking at a different topology?

Nothing wrong with the blacks , I was suppose to trade them in for the last 2 weeks and can’t seem to get myself to let them go . They are such a work of art but I can’t swap components it’s a all in one made to work as a whole .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1