Need a Blu Ray player

jimjimbo

I'm sure this has been covered previously at some point in time, but technology is always changing.....

Would like some recommendations please for a Blu Ray player that meets the following criteria:

1.  $750 or less

2.  Analog audio outputs

3.  Smart apps, to include Spotify

4.  Excellent build quality

5.  HDMI input, as well as outputs, obviously

Would very much prefer the opinion of those that have experience with a particular model.  I have done tons of research already, but am still not ready to write the check on any one unit......

If you would prefer to PM me, that's fine too.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Samsung BD-J6300 3D Wi-Fi Blu-Ray Player FWIW, I have used this model (for 3 years plus), I've tried the apps, but they're clunky. It's not bad for playing Blu-Rays, but does not have analog out. I would recommend NOT getting it. Unfortunately Oppo's are ridiculously expensive on the used market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Would like some recommendations please for a Blu Ray player that meets the following criteria:

1.  $750 or less

2.  Analog audio outputs

3.  Smart apps, to include Spotify

4.  Excellent build quality

5.  HDMI input, as well as outputs, obviously

6. 4K ???

Bill

Jim, other than Oppo, are there any that have both the HDMI input AND analog output you want? ESP if you want balanced connections? I am interested in the answer as I was going to buy an Oppo 203 literally the day they pulled the plug and haven’t done anything as yet. My guess is your 105D is maybe the best bet... get a twin? 

The 103 model comes up frequently but anything above that is rare in Canada and the 203/5 are way expensive. I’ll watch with interest.

• 2 weeks later...