$1,200 stimulus check.....how are you spending yours?

Coytee

38 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

The bunny ranch...

Heh....that brought back an old memory.

Years ago (perhaps even today??)  there was a brothel in Nevada....I think it was called the Mustang Ranch?

None the less, they were going to go public.  As such, when a company goes public there is always a preliminary prospectus available to those interested in buying (or trying to buy) some of the IPO (Initial Public Offering) shares.

I got my hands on that booklet.  It was hysterical reading between the lines.  The "gals" were called something like associates or maybe independent contractors....  talked about them having health checkups... they were in the male orientated entertainment industry ......heck, I have no memory of it now...  I think this was around 1989/1991 time frame.

I just know that reading the book with all the disclaimers was a pretty humerous adventure with all the double-speak that was in there.

Truth be told, if I tore my house apart, I could still have that prelim prospectus.  It was one of those " keepers" just for the entertainment value.

• Like 1

Either a down payment on a desk for my office or down payment on a McIntosh MEN 220 from AC.

....or a reproduction 1st generation Sims LaMar Sting 5 ply (skateboard deck).

This whole TP hoarding thing reminds me of when a family member used to work for Sysco Cincinnati in Evendale, OH; a food supplier about as big as Halliburton. If you wanted TP they would just ask how much you want.

IMG_20200110_160644.jpg

Until I can take the time to read this 1500 page wonder plan, I can't say what I would do, if in fact, there is a physical check that shows up.  Does anyone even know what the specific criteria is?  I wonder about some things.

1.  If you are on full government assistance currently and your income hasn't changed at all, do you get a check?

2.  If you are retired and receiving your normal retirement income, do you get a check?

3.  If you were unemployed prior to any of this, do you get a check?

4.  If you already pay no taxes, do you get a check?

5.  Is this scaled based on reported income?

Fortunately, my wife and I can live and pay our bills for quite a while, regardless of her being off for now and even if I am, but that's not because we make so much money that it doesn't matter, but because we don't live beyond our means and have always believed that we should be prepared for an emergency situation that could last a while and I know that I'm not alone and there are others that are commenting that would have to be in that same position as well as others that are not.  2 Trillion plus being spent by a group of people (all of them) that can't balance a checkbook scares the hell out of me.  

So, do you think you should get a check because others are getting one and it's a great move by our elected officials?  I'm curious as to what others actually think about this.  

2 hours ago, Coytee said:

Years ago (perhaps even today??)  there was a brothel in Nevada....I think it was called the Mustang Ranch?

None the less, they were going to go public.  As such, when a company goes public there is always a preliminary prospectus available to those interested in buying (or trying to buy) some of the IPO (Initial Public Offering) shares.

I got my hands on that booklet.  It was hysterical reading between the lines.  The "gals" were called something like associates or maybe independent contractors....  talked about them having health checkups... they were in the male orientated entertainment industry ......heck, I have no memory of it now...  I think this was around 1989/1991 time frame.

I just know that reading the book with all the disclaimers was a pretty humerous adventure with all the double-speak that was in there.

Truth be told, if I tore my house apart, I could still have that prelim prospectus.  It was one of those " keepers" just for the entertainment value.

1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

Mustang Ranch is still there.

P8rBsksT775.png
69 Moonlite Rd, Carson City, Nevada 89706
Moonlite Bunny Ranch
ypajB8-gJn6.png

UPI6yZNIOWD.png

36 minutes ago, Pete H said:

So, do you think you should get a check because others are getting one and it's a great move by our elected officials?

I'm thinking that a lot of people will really need this and that they have absolutely no way of knowing who actually does and who doesn't so they're just shot gunning it.  They threw the current bill together in record time, how much thought and research do you really think went into it?  They were more worried about their pork and how it would look come next election time if they did nothing, than actually what would be beneficial to the country.

• Like 2

Until I can take the time to read this 1500 page wonder plan, I can't say what I would do, if in fact, there is a physical check that shows up.  Does anyone even know what the specific criteria is?  I wonder about some things.

1.  If you are on full government assistance currently and your income hasn't changed at all, do you get a check?

2.  If you are retired and receiving your normal retirement income, do you get a check?

3.  If you were unemployed prior to any of this, do you get a check?

4.  If you already pay no taxes, do you get a check?

5.  Is this scaled based on reported income?

Fortunately, my wife and I can live and pay our bills for quite a while, regardless of her being off for now and even if I am, but that's not because we make so much money that it doesn't matter, but because we don't live beyond our means and have always believed that we should be prepared for an emergency situation that could last a while and I know that I'm not alone and there are others that are commenting that would have to be in that same position as well as others that are not.  2 Trillion plus being spent by a group of people (all of them) that can't balance a checkbook scares the hell out of me.  

So, do you think you should get a check because others are getting one and it's a great move by our elected officials?  I'm curious as to what others actually think about this.  

From what I can discern, the answers to all 5 are yes.  As for thinking who should get one, as a general stimulus measure everyone gets one because the government can't predict how many will stash it into savings versus spend it.  For some I'm sure it is a life saver or at least a big help.  As for #5, it is scaled down after the 75,000 income level per person, or $150,000 per married couple.

I'm perfectly fine if I don't get the check (as is my wife).  She however, would look at me with crossed eyes with her logic being if every other Tom Dick & Harry in the world is taking the funds (as they are qualified to do), why am I being so "honerable"  (or stupid in her eyes)

So yeah....  probably take it.  Actually, if I understand their setup correctly, it would automatically come to me via direct deposit so I'd not have a check per se' to mess with.

This is why I I plan to put (the amount that I don't give the wife) towards a tractor payment.  I've got $4,500 remaining on it and don't want to take those funds out of savings/other....  so this would be a nice move towards killing the loan but ending up with a long term hard asset.

I would continue my last couple payments in addition to these funds so they're simply speeding up my final payment date.

I don't recall where, but I saw a fact/data sheet on this process....who qualified, who didn't....  how your check scales DOWN depending on how much you make...

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Coytee said:

The IPO got pulled prematurely because of an IRS ruling that said the "gals" were employees, not independant-contractors, and that their employer was liable for back witholding, a significant liability not mentioned in the prospectus.  If you have the prospectus they are worth several hundred dollars (or at least they were).

Travis

4 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Sorry for the misrepresentation, it's 883 pages plus an amendment.  Finally was able to download and now the reading begins.  

Surely you don't refer to the prospectus for the Mustang Ranch!!!  (snicker)

The internet is an amazing thing.

I didn't find the preliminary prospectus, but rather, what appears to be the final version.

http://www.uscoles.com/Mustang Ranch Prospectus 2-1989.pdf

I was going to post it here as a PDF but decided to just give a link.

Peruse through it.... go read up on the "Risk Factors"

I glanced through them....  either I've grown up a bit over the last 30 years and they're not as humerous as I'd previously thought or, they may have cleaned things up a bit between the Red Herring (preliminary prospectus) and this, what appears to be a final.