$1,200 stimulus check.....how are you spending yours?

Coytee

The news is reporting something like 3.28 million new unemployment claims for the week.  Wow!!!

I don't know what they do with applications on an administrative level, but here in Texas, if you meet a certain work history requirement (like x hours of work over x period of time, or in intervals, bla... bla...) your automatically qualified unless the employer contests it.  So, I'd imagine most employers will not contest it, and it's largely a matter of ascertaining basic eligibility, however long that takes to do - multiplied by 3.28 million.  

In any event, this should be the breaking point where Congress has to get it done and implemented very quickly.

2 hours ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

Stimulus.JPG.82df8d5097932141b82132992d24e189.JPG

The one on the right has a beautiful smile !!!!!!!!

Jeff

A friend of mine. :D

received_1434819409899482.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KlipschFish said:

You like the fatties? I've always loved to cruise a long board.

Up to a 10.5X30. Around here the sidewalks were/are so bad, you need something with a kicktail and keep a foot on it at all times. Even 75mm wheels aren't enough to get over these misaligned expansion joints. I lived most of my days riding on the front balls of my feet.

• Like 1

My old neighborhood's streets were lined with big Chinese elms (that's not too political here, is it?) that uplifted and destroyed the sidewalks. I'm old enough to remember when the original Sidewalk Surfer first came out. Steel skate wheels. Uplifted sidewalks that they 'fixed' by throwing rocky sand into the cracks. Instant stopping power for those skinny wheels. Have a couple road rash scars from having my dog pulling me at warp speed! The good ol' days! I'm actually thinking about a new ten toes.

• Thanks 1

Makes ya wanna go back and ride a schoolyard again, don't ya? 

The main one where I rode (and was discovered 😛) has been torn down for a couple of years now. It had asphalt hills at 40 deg. and a flat run of about 150 yards for slalom races.

I started riding in 72' but shortly after that, our city decided to take out all the trees between the sidewalk and the street. Between all the sidewalk damage and growing up into the utility wires, it was the cheaper option. Although it killed the aesthetics of the residential neighborhoods. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2020 at 5:41 PM, USNRET said:

unless they go off 2018

Thought I read something that stated if you haven't filed 2019 yet they will use 2018.....But come later you may have to give some back because it's based on 2019.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

Makes ya wanna go back and ride a schoolyard again, don't ya? 

We were young and dumb but we had a bunch of fun! We used to take our fins off our surfboards and ride down the walls of the LA 'River" storm drain (!) We would find where the ice plants grew and would 'surf' down on them. Crazy. Young.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2020 at 10:58 AM, CECAA850 said:

I'm thinking that a lot of people will really need this and that they have absolutely no way of knowing who actually does and who doesn't so they're just shot gunning it.  They threw the current bill together in record time, how much thought and research do you really think went into it?  They were more worried about their pork and how it would look come next election time if they did nothing, than actually what would be beneficial to the country.

I don't know if we are getting one.

If we do, and we are doing O.K., we will look for a local family who needs it more, or look for a charity.

Everyone should spend it, somehow.  I'm confident that the needy will do that.  Everyone else should spend it to help the economy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thought I read something that stated if you haven't filed 2019 yet they will use 2018.....But come later you may have to give some back because it's based on 2019.
I read there are 2 Bill's one you have to return, and the other you do not.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk