Ebay New Jubilee package deal

DMH

• 2 weeks later...

Been a wrench turner forever, mother complains that I took everything in the house apart. Installed a 4 track cassette player in our 63 Impala (Wayne Newton Pearly Shells anyone?) building my first small block Chevy @ 15 and started working cars at full service gas stations at 13 (BTW, not one day of unemployment since that day in 1967). Been an aircraft mechanic for the last 47 years. My son doesn't know which hammer to select to install a straight slot screw.

On 3/26/2020 at 8:21 AM, PrestonTom said:

Where did this price come from?. Yes, I understand the DSP is included and there is some veneer added. Still ..... I don't get it. 

That's actually the official retail value of everything.  I'm barely getting away with publicly listing this stuff at all, I especially don't need to list discounted prices, I would get in trouble real quick.  

On 3/26/2020 at 11:05 AM, babadono said:

Ditto. Prices have gone up from the manufacturer? Or what?

It's all about MAP / retail pricing.  Same reason you won't find new AK6 Klipschorns for less than $15,000 or Cornwall 4's for less than $6,000.  I'm not in the mood to lose my dealership status over that. :)  

• Like 2

On 3/26/2020 at 10:29 AM, Chris A said:

Item 3...I'm a bit puzzled with, but okay I guess so. 

I think you underestimate the cluelessness of some of the shoppers on eBay.  :)  You'd be surprised at some of the things I see and hear and have to deal with in terms of tech support.  You mostly solely deal with the smart people and it's not as big of a deal.  I'd rather scare some of those people away than have to deal with some of the scenarios that I envision.  It's more of a disclaimer anyway.  I don't want any bad reviews coming back to haunt me.  I'm careful about who I sell them to.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Paducah Home Theater said:

I think you underestimate the cluelessness of some of the shoppers on eBay.  :)  You'd be surprised at some of the things I see and hear and have to deal with in terms of tech support.  You mostly solely deal with the smart people and it's not as big of a deal.  I'd rather scare some of those people away than have to deal with some of the scenarios that I envision.  It's more of a disclaimer anyway.  I don't want any bad reviews coming back to haunt me.  I'm careful about who I sell them to.  

How true.