K-77 tweeter impressions please n :D

I need to replace some K-77 tweeters. I have heard the K-77s with the rectangle ceramic magnets are hotter and that the older Round Alnico Magnet tweeters are weaker. 

Is this everyone's general consensus?

I would like everyone true thoughts on these and which sound you prefer and why?

Would even value an honest opinion from @jimjimbo

Roger

No real difference outside manufacturing tolerances and/or the AlNiCo magnet losing strength over the 40 years since the last one was made.  Attached are 4 T-35s/K-77-? that Bob Crites curved.  The -M starts falling around 14k vs 12k for the K-77, due to the magnet.  K-77-Ms also use T-350 diaphragms with their ribbon leads and higher power rating, 10W music, 50W peak, I think.  K-77-M/T350 diaphragms will fit right into old K-77s. 

4-t35s resp.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Jim,

No really, this is not a political post and I value your opinion here. i want these to be the best Klipsch has to offer for my daughter.

Roger

Say what?

OK, as I said, buy the DE-120 driver and the DaveA MAHL lenses.   If you want to keep it in stock config, then buy the K77 square mag..  not sure I can say much more than that.  Oh, except that Roy would be much appreciative if you kept it "all Klipsch".....

• Thanks 1

Just now, jimjimbo said:

Buy the DE-120s and the DaveA MAHL lenses.

Jim,

Those look really nice and I wondered about extending the frequency to 20,000, because maybe my daughter can hear it, but want to stay all Klipsch and maych all four speakers. The Hertesy slant monitors I bought for her have a Piezo in them, so I do need tweeters for her  :D

On a side note, I do have some spare K-55s laying around because of my TSCMs and I was thinking on changing out her K-55V push pins for some of my extra K-55V solder terminal dual phase plugs.

Thoughts...

Roger

14 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

I was thinking on changing out her K-55V push pins for some of my extra K-55V solder terminal dual phase plugs.

I'd save those for a rainy day.....

On second thought.....never mind, break out the goodies.....what are we saving it for?

• Thanks 1

Just now, jimjimbo said:

Jim,

My seven TSCMs have four K-55Vs per speaker, that is 28 of them and I have extras. My daughter wont want all those big black speakers after I am dead. I want these LaScalas and Heresy's to be her forever speakers. Luther Ward has them and is going to veneer them for her. I even plan to have the trim polished free of all scratches and reannodized for her. My Son is Autistic and MRDD, so he will never even understand how to use them, so she gets everything and he gets a trust after I am dead and she is supposed to take care of him after her Mom and I die. I want her to pick out her own veneer and have something to smile and give me a thought when I am gone.

Thanks for your input, I do appreciate it.

Roger

11 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Jim,

I would like to buy and split a pair of Pro Split La Scalas for a center for her, so please keep me in mind if you come across a pair that you wish to split. I want all metal trim, even on the point of the horns and I want the metal chrome PWK cups also  :D

Roger

3 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Jim,

Those look really nice and I wondered about extending the frequency to 20,000, because maybe my daughter can hear it, but want to stay all Klipsch and maych all four speakers. The Hertesy slant monitors I bought for her have a Piezo in them, so I do need tweeters for her  :D

On a side note, I do have some spare K-55s laying around because of my TSCMs and I was thinking on changing out her K-55V push pins for some of my extra K-55V solder terminal dual phase plugs.

Thoughts...

Roger

I have 4 of the square magnets your are looking for. 2 matched pairs.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I have 4 of the square magnets your are looking for. 2 matched pairs.

Hey Claude,

Any pics?

How much are you asking?

I need to see a pic of what her LaScalas have inside to see if I need two or four first.

Is there any Klipsch parts that you are looking for?

Thanks for the information !!

Roger

8 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Hey Claude,

Any pics?

How much are you asking?

I need to see a pic of what her LaScalas have inside to see if I need two or four first.

Is there any Klipsch parts that you are looking for?

Thanks for the information !!

Roger

Woofers. No pics of K77's, you already know what they look like. PM me.

15 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

................ I was thinking on changing out her K-55V push pins for some of my extra K-55V solder terminal dual phase plugs.

Thoughts...

Roger

YES! 

Staying all Klipsch, You'd want K-77-Ms for the best performance. 

I also favor the DE120 tweeter on tractrix tweeter horns.  I am running Dave Harris' Gas tax horns in all my HT speakers.  Very silky and smooth/clean, but not OEM Klipsch.