What album or artist sparked your interest for music?

MeloManiac

42 minutes ago, mustang_flht said:

For me it was not an album, but 1 EP 45T that I won in a service station after my father refueled our Ford Taunus. I was 10 years old in 1972.

The-Rolling-Stones-Paint-It-Black.jpgThe-Rolling-Stones-Paint-It-Black-_1.jpg

I still have this record in my collection

That must have been the coolest station in the country, our your dad was the coolest dad ever! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ILI said:

That must have been the coolest station in the country, our your dad was the coolest dad ever! 

Great story, especially that you still have the record.  What was on “Face 2” and am I correct the record is a 45?  Other than the large hole, does it indicate playback speed on the label?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mustang_flht said:

Long Long While

Don’t think I ever heard that before, but just listened to original mono version on Spotify.  A slow bluesy tune; liked it.

I just now noticed your link.  It sounds better than Spotify.

• Like 1

My parents were a big influence. They listened to Tom Jones, The Ventures, etc. . They got me started and my aunt took over listening to The Stones, The Beatles, Morrison, Hendricks, 60's rock, Etc..It was on from there. Wish I had a nickel for every dollar I spent on music, equipment, speakers and the like. Might have a couple to rub together. This can be an expensive hobby if you let it. I was young then.....who cares.

D

• Like 2

20 hours ago, dtel said:

Back then FM was not to bad, not nearly as many commercials and what was called album hours, and weekend specials with nonstop music. 

Don't forget Wolfman Jack

I listened to the original over air KNAC in SoCal in the 70's. They had a DJ named Ronnie McCoy(sp) that had a 3 hour show playing album cuts. He came from Texas. The first show of any length of album cuts in the area. Every show started with "Foxy Lady'. I would sit at the kitchen table for the entirety. Listening on an old table top radio. He later helped fill a 3rd act in a concert featuring Quicksilver Messenger Service and Savoy Brown. His 'friends' opened the show at the Long Beach Arena and played to THREE encores before they turned and left the house lights on to kick them off the stage.  The crowd was ecstatic. The friends were a little know group from Texas named ZZ Top. The rest of the concert was a letdown.

Before that at an even younger age I was trasfixed nightly from "50,000 Watts!!"  XERB with the Wolfman. I do consider myself pretty lucky in that. I know you can google him but there is a scene in 'American Grafitti" where kids are cruising around and the Wolfman's on the radio. Brings it all back.