Nora and Me and My RB-75's

willland

I got home from work a little early yesterday to an empty house, worked out on Bowflex, took a shower, made some food and pondered on what to do with my free 3 hour window before the bride came home.  I walked through my living room and a pair of beautiful natural cherry RB-75's began an intense stare that followed me across the room.  I exited into the kitchen and quickly took a u-turn and then noticed my Yamaha A-S1000/CD-S1000 stack was staring also.  What were these obvious partners in crime trying to tell me?

That a Nora Jones SACD was in the cabinet on top also staring.  So Nora and I had a little tryst in the afternoon which resulted in a "new" discovery how awesome my RB-75's/Yamaha rig really sounds.  I have been putting off listening to my living room system due to my RSW-10d taking a dump last year but the pull from Nora was too strong. 

When I added the RSW a couple of years ago to the RB-75's, what was already great "bookshelf" speakers and became almost instantly a pair of one of the best sounding full range towers I have ever heard.  Huge deep soundstage and spot on imaging with a slight adjustment to the left with the balance knob.  I became spoiled.

Back to Nora and me and my RB-75's(sans RSW-10d).  As I mentioned, I was very hesitant and did not expect what I was about to experience but let me tell you, the RB-75's(and Nora) came to life with an impact I just was not expecting.  I guess I had forgotten just how well the 75's sounded without my subwoofer.  In my room, they extended lower than factory specs(42Hz) and were very audible below 40Hz.  Combination room gain, acoustics, the Yamaha, or maybe just Nora's magic, I don't know?  Oh, bass tone control was set at "0".

I will eventually send the RSW in for repairs, but now I know immediately what those stares mean and I must make a move.

Bill

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, willland said:

Nora and I had ...

Correct.

1 hour ago, willland said:

Back to Nora and I and my RB-75's ...

Oops, grammar police here: that one's "Nora and me" (as it should also be in the thread title).   Sorry, just one of my pet peeves!  But what do I know, I'm just a numbskull who participates in the Klipsch forums...

1 hour ago, glens said:

Oops, grammar police here: that one's "Nora and me" (as it should also be in the thread title).   Sorry, just one of my pet peeves!

You are correct, no verb in the title or phrase.

Corrected.

Bill

4 hours ago, willland said:

Back to Nora and me and my RB-75's(sans RSW-10d).  As I mentioned, I was very hesitant and did not expect what I was about to experience but let me tell you, the RB-75's(and Nora) came to life with an impact I just was not expecting.  I guess I had forgotten just how well the 75's sounded without my subwoofer. 

I'm with you brother. Have listened to the same SACD thru my Oppo 105 and RB75's many times without a sub. Incredible, well balanced bass and imaging. I can't count how many times I have had to go verify that the center channel was not engaged.

Carry on and enjoy!