Thoughts and prayers

Deano1974

To my fellow klipsch brother and sisters in the U.S,

Here in New Zealand we are now on a 4 week lockdown to try and battle the covid19 virus that's sweeping the entire planet, from reading the news, I can see that you guys in the U.S are starting to see the huge impact of the virus and I just wanted to say that our thoughts and prayers are with the members and their family's who are struggling with the impact of this situation

Please be kind to each other and please be safe and take all the precautions you must to stay well, 

Deano 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Thank you!  I think we're going to need them.

Now up to three confirmed cases in our semi-rural county as of yesterday.   Though tests were totally unavailable to those who wanted them at the start of the week. 

A lot of the ostriches still have their head in the sand, it seems.

• Like 3

Thank you!  I think we're going to need them.

Now up to three confirmed cases in our semi-rural county as of yesterday.   Though tests were totally unavailable to those who wanted them at the start of the week. 

A lot of the ostriches still have their head in the sand, it seems.
It still amazes me that people are still oblivious to what's happening, or to ignorant to believe it is serious, we still have people here in NZ ignoring the lockdown and police have full power now to arrest and detain them

People need to wake up

Very strange times,

keep safe

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In Germany we have now been living with the restrictions of our freedoms in public life for a good 3 weeks. The German people abide by the government's guidelines. There are no supply problems with the basic goods for the people. Everything that is important for life is available. Luxury goods do not count to it of course, these should be available anyway still enough in this rich country.

Most people work from home as far as possible, my wife is a teacher and teaches her students online and via video on the school servers. My two children are also taught further.

We are grateful to the people who have to work in the grocery stores / drugstores / gas stations / bakeries / etc. They receive special financial allowances from the government. That is fair.

And anyway, Germany does not stand still but there is a special aura in us, the aura of respect and humility. We go inside ourselves, change our superficial view of the general things in life.

It is spring, we had a long winter, people experience this spring differently than usual, they have a great respect for nature. Nature shows us how tiny the human being as such is.

Road traffic has been reduced by more than 75%, the air smells better than it has not smelled for a long time, the industries reduce their environmental pollution by 60%, the rivers reflect the sunlight better than usual.

Something is happening here at the moment that I have never felt in my home country in my almost 60 years of life.

I wish every soul living on this world that it should not fall ill, but I also wish that mankind finally awakens and should live in the future in technological harmony with mother earth. We owe it to our children.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Randyh said:

you gotta get out of any highly populated area ,

The only problem with that is the greater chance that you'll be then responsible for introducing it wherever it is you retreat to.  I feel everyone ought to hunker down right where they are.  Quit travelling.

• Like 3

I agree, we are completely locked down with control given to civil defence, only services open are critical supplies, ie medical, supermarkets and logistics

As below is the sms message every New Zealander recieved on their mobile device Wednesday

We have to isolate to stop the spread d131e33fc5e0d62f8141fc58ed6c1692.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, glens said:

The only problem with that is the greater chance that you'll be then responsible for introducing it wherever it is you retreat to.  I feel everyone ought to hunker down right where they are.  Quit travelling.

Great idea! More should listen to that... My wife and I still go to work. She is a caregiver and normally had a site where she supervised 25 individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Now they are staying in their residences orown homes. She is now at one of the company owned residences with only three individuals.

I work at the same company in the IT department, and on overload to get a large number of office staff on vpn connections to be able to work from home. It's been a strain on everyone.

If any of our population becomes infected, they probably won't survive.

Here in Canada, the Prime Minister’s wife is infected, so Justin Trudeau, the PM, is self-isolating and is working from home.  He’s in constant touch with his ministers, and every day he gives a brief press conference in front of his house, with the reporters standing at a distance.

In other news, the term “social distancing” has been corrected to “physical distancing”, which is what it really is.  Although there are lengths of tape at intervals on the floors of grocery stores, to indicate how far apart shoppers should stand, we don’t want to be socially distant from each other, and should keep in touch with family and friends by phone or online.