Will a magnet affect my Crown AMP ?

joessportster

Don't transformers have coils? Can't imagine that would be a good interaction.... but if that amp is fortified like a tank?

Over my head, just chimed in `cause it's kind of boring for a change here right now... on strike for a couple hours!

I just had a look at the Crown XLS 1002, nice amp. Well manufactured. It will definitely not leak or attract magnetic field induction. Independent of any existing encapsulation or sealing of the transformer.

Thanks Guys.....................Im on a mission  to keep all my 2 channel  on 1 shelf thereby keeping all interconnects at 1 meter or  less.  The Neo Magnets are pretty small but sure are mighty 

(1/8"   thick, 1/2 X 1/4  square) been listening with the amp suspended by those  little  suckers for 4  or  5 hours I can not hear any issues.   Hoping  it stays that way

• Like 1

Off Topic a bit: I have a pacemaker(because I like having all the latest technical stuff), and magnets interfere with the operation of the unit. It's really hard for me to remember to stay away from electro- magnetic currents. I was using my chainsaw a couple years ago, and it made my pacer skip a beat or two. Not a good feeling!