STRANGE Noise, Cabling Issue

Hooked up my Pre using It Bi-Amp. The left channel is making  a hellish noise. Swap each tube  noise stays, Fidget  around  a bit and noise clens up. 2 hours in and the noise is back. Frustration sets in. Put in my other tube pre. Noise is better   (now I am thinking time to get my P re serviced) DAMN IT......................Next day I notice noise  again in left channel swap cables for the high end Sound Remains. Pull right cable for  the Bass amp. Silence on the FR drivers, plug the Bass cable back in  heres the  noise again...................

I have no idea why this worked this way  but the RIGHT cable on the BASS amp at the Pre was causing noise on the LEFT high side speaker, 5 hours later and still no noise, Put in my preferred  Pre again and Silence. A couple Hours and a LOT of frustration spent to find out a cable on the opposite side and the opposite amp  was  the culprit   causing noise in 1 driver

Moral: it seems an interconnect can wreak havoc anywhere in the system.

• Like 3

yeap... Ive had that happen. CABLES DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

I always take the side of the argument that cables make a difference... but NOT in the manner many folks think. cables can indeed make a system sound worse, and therefore cables can make a system sound better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schu said:

cables can indeed make a system sound worse, and therefore cables can make a system sound better.

Any cable will only degrade the signal it carries. The shorter the cable, the less damage it will cause. 

Ripoff cable companies' salesmen have told me that using longer expensive cables will make things sound better...:pwk_bs: