The Klipsch Audio Community
7heavenlyplaces

What IS IT with these emotions kicking in at age 58?

15 hours ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Anyway trending toward the original post here:

Is it possible that similar  life's events affect someone in the last 1/3 of life differently than in the prior 2/3's of life (emotionally speaking)?

Going to give you the toilet roll analogy to life.

As the full roll expends it is revol ving faster. By the time it has reached 2/3 of a roll, it is revolving faster still. At this point inner reflection becomes more important. Alas, it is finally over.

22 hours ago, JohnJ said:

When you have posted those head bangin' gals before I've always thought of the ones that sang and brought Mothra into the 50s / 60s Japanese Godzilla movies.

So, it was their fault!

• Haha 1

I can’t belt out the songs that “got me through my changes” now without tearing up or my voice cracking...

Still can’t listen to Phil Collins or Bruce Springsteen though, so I guess it’s not all bad!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, geoff. said:

Still can’t listen to Phil Collins or Bruce Springsteen though, so I guess it’s not all bad!

you're a good man.

• Like 2

Totally can relate to this. At age 56 myself and some things just aren't the same.

58, experiencing similar.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, sputnik said:

This click-bait article appeared in my yahoo links today.  I don't know if it applies here or not, but thought I'd pass it along FWIW.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/physics-explains-why-time-passes-faster-as-you-age?utm_source=pocket-newtab

THIS is a more modern- and albeit different- explanation to the same idea as contained in HG Wells book  (of approx 1925, 1917?) entitled The Time Machine.

On 3/27/2020 at 9:10 PM, billybob said:

As long as the response is healthy...BTW, guess would

like to be your age again.

Emotions good to have?

What's happening...

Cool

Having them now is a whole new tranche of experience to have to deal with and, well, it seems actually like a whole  lot of extra to deal with.

Some (others) have always had them and wouldn't change it.  After 20 years of NONE (or fully repressed) emotions they seem to be quite-a-bit of an inconvenience now. BUT there is alot of healing and restoration in relationships in result of this emotionality...even quite a few surprises coming out of this new found emotional experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/28/2020 at 1:03 AM, twistedcrankcammer said:

Forgot to mention; Normal Testosterone is like from 600 to 800, my buddy was 2 hundred and some, also because of high estrogen I believe it was, his nipples really hurt sometimes. - this is true and NOT a joke.

If a man’s nipples hurt, and it’s not from someone tugging on them (I’m not judging), then the cause is most likely his scratchy motocross jersey or marathon shirt rubbing against them.  The solution is a manly one:  ductape, of course!   Tape ‘em up, and the scratchy material will just glide over your nips.  If you want to see gain, you don’t need pain when you train, so just before you participate, pick up that roll and put on your tape!

• Haha 3

On 3/29/2020 at 2:53 PM, JohnJ said:

When you have posted those head bangin' gals before I've always thought of the ones that sang and brought Mothra into the 50s / 60s Japanese Godzilla movies.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Islander said:

If a man’s nipples hurt, and it’s not from someone tugging on them (I’m not judging), then the cause is most likely his scratchy motocross jersey or marathon shirt rubbing against them.  The solution is a manly one:  ductape, of course!   Tape ‘em up, and the scratchy material will just glide over your nips.  If you want to see gain, you don’t need pain when you train, so just before you participate, pick up that roll and put on your tape!

Nope !!

It is common when female hormones are high and my buddy is one of the most scarry manley men you will ever met. Not joking, you probably wouldn't even make eye contact, he is that intense.

Roger

10 hours ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Having them now is a whole new tranche of experience to have to deal with and, well, it seems actually like a whole  lot of extra to deal with.

Some (others) have always had them and wouldn't change it.  After 20 years of NONE (or fully repressed) emotions they seem to be quite-a-bit of an inconvenience now. BUT there is alot of healing and restoration in relationships in result of this emotionality...even quite a few surprises coming out of this new found emotional experience.

Epiphany of thought I wonder. As much as is known about the mind and emotions, one should feel unburdened by their release.

Many carry these suppressed thoughts and emotions until some

event in their lives give way to

feel and express them finally. 

Hope you derive personal insight into your circumstance, and are 

of benefit to you. Cheers!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Nope !!

It is common when female hormones are high and my buddy is one of the most scarry manley men you will ever met. Not joking, you probably wouldn't even make eye contact, he is that intense.

Roger

No offense meant, Roger.  I was just trying to look on the light side.  Besides, even very manly men apply ductape to their nipples when doing certain sports, the two I mentioned, for example.

I am 56 and yes I to am a lot more emotional than I used to be. I also work in a plant that makes BPA and that to can contribute to the problem.