Cassette Making a come back ?

joessportster

4 minutes ago, joessportster said:

Anyone else noticing the trend ?  It seems the tapes  and any decent deck the  prices are going  up................................................

That's because they are in the antique market.

JJK

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, joessportster said:

Anyone else noticing the trend ?  It seems the tapes  and any decent deck the  prices are going  up................................................

Joe,

Just inflation, economy has been good up until this virus and people have more disposable income. I routinely watch Nakamichi stuff and the amps have shot up as well as Cassette decks...

Roger

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Joe,

Just inflation, economy has been good up until this virus and people have more disposable income. I routinely watch Nakamichi stuff and the amps have shot up as well as Cassette decks...

Roger

Thats what I thought with Vinyl 15-20 years ago..........................Now look at how its coveted....................................I listened to my  first cassette in probably  30  years the other  day and  I thought it sounded  damn nice  on my  Nakamichi CR1a

• Like 2

5 hours ago, joessportster said:

Thats what I thought with Vinyl 15-20 years ago..........................Now look at how its coveted....................................I listened to my  first cassette in probably  30  years the other  day and  I thought it sounded  damn nice  on my  Nakamichi CR1a

Joe,

I agree, but that doesn't explain amplifiers and everything else going up it price now does it?

Everything can't be making a Comeback now can it?

My Nakamichi Amplifiers have doubled in price in the past year or so.

Roger

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Remember these?  Panasonic's answer was a 20 Carousel.  From 1972!  Complete with Dust cover!

Image may contain: indoor

Never in my life have I seen that, kinda cool

must mean I’m a spring chicken 🐓 

as for cassettes today in my life...not gonna happen unless it’s dbx encoded

Now, another open reel deck and you’d have my interest, again dbx encoded

• Like 2

16 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Joe,

I agree, but that doesn't explain amplifiers and everything else going up it price now does it?

Everything can't be making a Comeback now can it?

My Nakamichi Amplifiers have doubled in price in the past year or so.

Roger

No idea. Things  are changing faster  than I can  keep up with. I hope its a phase  I would  love to get my hands on a NAK. Dragon again but I wont pay 2K+

15 hours ago, Schu said:

its never gone away for a few... europe still releases new music all the time

On Cassette ?  Any Links ?   Not trying to be a smart A$$ I am honestly interested. & would like to see what kind  of music is available new.............Its Analog in a medium I can actually use 😃