Rudy's Recovery Room

Travis In Austin

• Moderators

Many may have seen that our Forum Friend and Brother @Rudy81 apparently has Covid-19 and has been moved to a hospital. 

A forum member @Chris A suggested (see below) that some audio posts and well wishes might do Rudy some good so I have featured and pinned this thread to make it easy to see.

Great idea Chris.

"Instead of harping on with morbid COVID-19 stories, let's keep Rudy entertained with good audio stuff on the forum--don't you think?  I think he'll respond better to that.  I know I would.  It can help to lift the spirits. 

Prayers to Rudy and his family for a speedy recovery."

Chris

•  
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We're listening to this right now, waiting a long hour until the italian chicken is done baking--in multichannel surround 5.1. 

R-1900253-1251114267.jpeg.jpg

It's really spectacular, especially reclining in my zero-G chair.

Perhaps you should plan on listening sometime, Rudy--after all the present activities go back to normal...and we have TT paper again.

Chris

• Like 5

• Moderators

We all waiting for that news your feeling better, good luck and we will all be thinking of you. Now what can we play for you, well, hope you like what we pick. :emotion-21: Now no harassing nurses, ............unless they are laughing with you.

Get Well

• Like 2

I've been working on our garden the past week or two, still very much in its infancy.

012A6BBB-93D3-4938-AB93-70AE457F14D7.jpeg.b290c27d177f688794df2945e33da0f2.jpeg

I have 12 beds in the final design, 4ftx28ft with 1ft walkways in between. there's cantaloupe in the bed currently, tomatoes and bell peppers on the side in buckets. Eventually there will be okra and carrots and greens and lions and Tigers and bears. We'll also be doing potato towers, fig trees, berries, etc.

Today I started the initial irrigation lines from the barn in the background.

We're down to two piglets. Two suffered from pneumonia with all the rain and temperature swings we've been having.

One goat is about to kid.

We've got some fresh chicks and ducklings, with another 10 eggs in the incubator.

Oh and egg production has skyrocketed with the warmer days and longer daylight hours.

Nothing really new on the audio front, but the whole family is most certainly enjoying the new setup.

• Like 7

I take that last bit back.. I've been listening to this album a lot lately. It's kind of peppy and quirky and just overall a fun album, though maybe not for everyone's tastes. I'm betting @BigStewMan will enjoy it. The stereo image on this album is really solid and they use it to their benefit. It's worth a listen once you get back to the house (it's on the drive) as well as everyone else if you just want something fun to play in these times.

Dirty Projectors - Lamp Lit Prose

lamplitprose.jpg

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I have 12 beds in the final design, 4ftx28ft with 1ft walkways in between. there's cantaloupe in the bed currently, tomatoes and bell peppers on the side in buckets. Eventually there will be okra and carrots and greens and lions and Tigers and bears. We'll also be doing potato towers, fig trees, berries, etc.

how many acres is your farm?

• Like 1

The property is 10 acres. We're using about 3 for the house and intense farm related activities. The rest is just pasture we let go wild or use for rotational grazing.

The garden we have fenced off is about 48ftx80ft.

Potato tower Some people write them off, and others swear by them. Basically a dense cylinder of straw ans compost and potatoes..sorta like a 7 layer dip. Supposedly gives high yields in a small space, but we'll see I guess.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

And what's a potato tower?

It's what's those who are clueless to the vagaries of farming don't understand.....the potato tower is the crux of the whole operation, keeping it's many eyes on everyone, and everything.   it's Big Daddy Tater doncha know.

Other than the goats of course.  They know everything.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

It's what's those who are clueless to the vagaries of farming don't understand.....the potato tower is the crux of the whole operation, keeping it's many eyes on everyone, and everything.   it's Big Daddy Tater doncha know.

Other than the goats of course.  They know everything.

What he said. What Did he say — 

• Like 1