Rudy's Recovery Room

Travis In Austin

On 4/1/2020 at 1:56 PM, Rudy81 said:

My first clue that something wasn't right was a fever.  Mind you, I was constantly keenly aware of my body since I knew I was a perfect candidate for the virus.  I was tested on the first day I got a fever.  Test results took until the 31st, and initially reported incorrectly.  I spent 9 days, self quarantened, trying fight the fever, body aches and other symptoms at home.  On day 10 my doc sent me to the hospital due to decreasing O2 levels in my system.  I did not start the turn around until the hospital put me on the chorloquine, Zpack, Zinck cocktail.  About the 3rd day of that is when I started feeling better.  I'm still on the mend, but feel somewhat normal compared to the symptoms I've had.  The cocktail broke the fever almost immediately.  I had a fever since day one.  Sometimes as high as 106.

In my book, it was the POTUS cocktail that helped.

Hey, Rudy!  Glad everything is so much better now.  I was in Longview the other day.  Don't know how close that is to your area.

Anyway, you said you had fever since day 1 and were tested that day.  The results came back the 31st...  By chance, do you mean the 29th of Feb.?

Then, you self-quarantined for 9 days and went to the hospital on the 10th.  That would put you in the hospital on March 10.  Seeing as you were just released, it looks like you were in there for quite a while.

So, did they wait a few weeks prior to trying the chloroquine/z-pack?

Interesting you didn't have a sore throat.  I don't recall anytime in my life having a fever and no sore throat.

Have they told you whether you should now be immune from Covid?

Loads of good news! Congrats on surviving the bug and the hospitalization. Very interesting about the ‘POTUS’ cocktail. I read yesterday where other trials of this combination medication worked as you have described and it is angering the media because they’d hoped it would face plant to discredit the PREX. And it is so pleasant to hear good news with grand news added on top. Simply sterling! 

11 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Hey, Rudy!  Glad everything is so much better now.  I was in Longview the other day.  Don't know how close that is to your area.

Anyway, you said you had fever since day 1 and were tested that day.  The results came back the 31st...  By chance, do you mean the 29th of Feb.?

Then, you self-quarantined for 9 days and went to the hospital on the 10th.  That would put you in the hospital on March 10.  Seeing as you were just released, it looks like you were in there for quite a while.

So, did they wait a few weeks prior to trying the chloroquine/z-pack?

Interesting you didn't have a sore throat.  I don't recall anytime in my life having a fever and no sore throat.

Have they told you whether you should now be immune from Covid?

He didn't start traveling until later in the month of March - you're aligning "first" and "10th" days of his illness tracking to calendar dates, which is incorrect.

A significant recovery for Rudy--for sure.  Who would have thought that an anti-malaria drug chloroquine (i.e., not for viral infections) combined with an antibiotic (Z-Pak, a.k.a., azithromycin) and zinc sulfate (an inorganic--noted in the Corona thread ca. page 4 as a protectorant against the common cold and SARS-COV-2) would treat a corona virus infection and remove fever inside of 24 hours?  If true, that's a potential miracle drug for saving thousands of lives.

That 106 F temperature you quoted is very high--dangerously high. I remember my experience with St. Louis encephalitis in 1976 (most likely from a mosquito bite in the summer during outside festivities as part of my sister's wedding events).  I had 104-105 degree temperature for 6 days (IIRC) until the fever finally broke.  I don't really remember much during those days except the unbelievable headaches and what amounted to delirium.  I clearly remember that 44 years later.  That's the sickest that I've ever been. 

If you've had that kind of high fever over that extended period of time, I can understand why it might take a long time to recover.  It took me more than a month to regain my strength from SLE and I was 20 years old. 

On 4/3/2020 at 11:16 AM, Rudy81 said:

The virus have various 'unnatural' characteristics that might make re-infection possible.

It's apparently like the common cold.  The viruses mutate fairly rapidly so immunity isn't a given.  Note that there are reportedly at least two strains of the SARS--COV-2 (COVID-19) virus, the newer "L" strain which is apparently deadly and the strain which you probably had, and the older "S" strain, both of which are showing up in at least China at the same time.

Chris

20 hours ago, Rudy81 said:

I have not been able to find out if I will now be 'immune' from Covid-19 or not.  I don't think they know. This is not a standard bug. The virus have various 'unnatural' characteristics that might make re-infection possible. 

First, sorry about your illness and glad to hear that you're recovering. 👍

You're correct, far to early to know if reinfection is possibly or not.  I suspect the epidemiologist - types will be interested in ongoing follow-up with folks like you who have recovered to study that possibility. 

On 4/3/2020 at 8:15 AM, Bosco-d-gama said:

Loads of good news! Congrats on surviving the bug and the hospitalization. Very interesting about the ‘POTUS’ cocktail. I read yesterday where other trials of this combination medication worked as you have described and it is angering the media because they’d hoped it would face plant to discredit the PREX. And it is so pleasant to hear good news with grand news added on top. Simply sterling! 

Rudy, glad you're doing a lot better.  That's fantastic.

Sad part is what is above.  I find it isn't even about POTUS, too many, not just the media, are looking to put down anything that doesn't bolster their narrative or isn't something they suggested.  Can't just be for the betterment. 

Glad this went in the right direction cause in other states people are not as lucky.  They won't dispense Hydrochloroquine or Chloroquine unless you are dying, and even then possibly not.   Too much information behind it's use to ignore unless you have another agenda.

15 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Rudy, glad you're doing a lot better.  That's fantastic.

Sad part is what is above.  I find it isn't even about POTUS, too many, not just the media, are looking to put down anything that doesn't bolster their narrative or isn't something they suggested.  Can't just be for the betterment. 

Glad this went in the right direction cause in other states people are not as lucky.  They won't dispense Hydrochloroquine or Chloroquine unless you are dying, and even then possibly not.   Too much information behind it's use to ignore unless you have another agenda.

You bet people in other states are not as ‘lucky’ and those decisions do seem to hover around the POTUS. Like the man or not clearly many/most in the media has been mauling him since he took office. Now they cannot distill their visceral hate from any practicality and literally have misguided followers cutting their own noses off. Governor Cuomo of New York is enforcing an executive order restricting where this drug can be used. He’s no physician. He’s a politician making political statements. His politics alone could be fueling the nightmare in his own state. 

Rudy’s testimony about this drug is pretty compelling and he is not alone. It is time to allow physicians to determine how best to manage medicine whether it fits anyone’s “narrative” or not. The drug is not illegal and can be safely administered and it is available. Too bad for New Yorkers that Cuomo is their elected leader.

3 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

You bet people in other states are not as ‘lucky’ and those decisions do seem to hover around the POTUS. Like the man or not clearly many/most in the media has been mauling him since he took office. Now they cannot distill their visceral hate from any practicality and literally have misguided followers cutting their own noses off. Governor Cuomo of New York is enforcing an executive order restricting where this drug can be used. He’s no physician. He’s a politician making political statements. His politics alone could be fueling the nightmare in his own state. 

Rudy’s testimony about this drug is pretty compelling and he is not alone. It is time to allow physicians to determine how best to manage medicine whether it fits anyone’s “narrative” or not. The drug is not illegal and can be safely administered and it is available. Too bad for New Yorkers that Cuomo is their elected leader.

Precisely what is wrong.  They forgot that they were elected and they serve the people. Listening too much to fringes vs their base thanks to social media for one.
I'm glad my home base is TX also.  It has it's faults but better here in TX than others.  

Death rates in NY are horrid and makes very little sense to me what is going on other than again, to prove some point like justifying your position and quests..  Rudy shows that.  Keep getting better!!!

• Like 1

Rudy,

How are you feeling today?  Hope everything is going well. 

My daughter lives in downtown Seattle.  She mentioned that a couple of days ago, in a long series of texts to her mother (her trademark) that she thinks she might have had SARS-COV-2, albeit a mild form, although she hasn't taken a test to prove it. 

She said it started with a fever one day a couple of weeks ago, then the next day she apparently recovered.  The next week, she started having a sore throat, felt very tired and had a slight fever for a few days. She mentioned that others from her work had similar symptoms--fever first, then apparent recovery, then a sore throat and a general tiredness for about a week.  I wonder if this is a typical pattern?

She's sheltered in place of course, telecommuting to her workplace which is a couple of blocks away.  She said she's feeling a lot better this week.  Both she and her boyfriend, who also had the same symptoms following hers, are in good physical shape.  He's an amateur triathlon athlete, and she's in her early 30s. 

Chris

31 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Prove your statement that he did not know.

WTF, Dave... he's not a seer, knower of all things. The science has not proven the efficacy of using chloroquine to treat Covid-19, either by itself or in combination with other drugs. It hasn't been approved for treatment and as such is still off label. The anecdotal reports of it working is great, and as I said, I am glad it worked for Rudy. It could also have been it ran it's course and the 106 degree temp worked. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. There's also a difference between Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine, and both are still being studied.

So... not politics, Dave. Since the research looks favorable but not yet a given, saying the president knew it would work can't be true.

• Like 2