Rudy's Recovery Room

Travis In Austin

2 hours ago, Rudy81 said:

In the continuing saga......just got call from my doc telling me the test results were positive.  No duh!  Turns out someone read the wrong thing over the phone when my doc called.  When the paperwork came in, it said Positive, clear as day.  Now at least things make sense!

JEESH! Glad to hear you're home and getting well. Can i have some of your antibodies? Old chum, old pal:)

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Rudy81 said:

In the continuing saga......just got call from my doc telling me the test results were positive.  No duh!  Turns out someone read the wrong thing over the phone when my doc called.  When the paperwork came in, it said Positive, clear as day.  Now at least things make sense!

That is mind boggling.

I was just getting ready to ask you if they said there was a known false negative rate, but that answers that.

Rudy, were they at full capacity at the hospital you were in?

How long to get admitted?

17 hours ago, Rudy81 said:

My first clue that something wasn't right was a fever.

Question if I may.....  one of the "TV Docs" said something about a sign being loss of smell/taste.  By the time I got in there, I missed it.  He could have been talking about his wife's cooking for all I know however, since this virus is the talk of the day, all day....I presumed he was talking about this situation.

Did that affect you at all?  How would you describe your early onset sensations??

10 minutes ago, Rudy81 said:

Doc had me monitoring my O2 levels.  He didn't like the trend and required me to head to the ER. Good call on his part.

Thanks for being open and sharing.. I don't personally know anyone else affected to this point and the news reports don't really give much detail about circumstances when they do report someone recovering, so it's helpful info you're sharing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rudy81 said:

No, he told me to go buy one.  They are readily available.  Those little gadgets that clip on your finger tip.  Most have seen them in doc offices when you get your vitals taken. Pulse/Oxygen monitor. Everyone should have them available during this time.

Oh yea duh, we were using one on my MIL before she passed.

And yes I second what Thaddeus said, thanks for sharing.