Good day for upgrades :)

alkemyst

7 hours ago, alkemyst said:

Chorus II's and Academy upgraded to Bob Crites Crossovers and titanium tweeter diaphragms :)

Great guy and great stuff.  I did my Quartets and another Academy several years ago.

did/are you upgrade the Academy tweeter to Ti also? I have Crites Ti's in klf-30's but thinking of doing the same to the matching klf-c7 center.

@RickFL and others who are "bored to death", try making your own speaker cables out of Cat6 or higher Ethernet data cable.  I've made these using three runs, that is 24 strands x 22 awg wire, per + or - segment.  Stripping the wire out of outer cover, straightening, stripping copper wires, then braiding (my preferred cable layout 3 strands of 8 conductors, braided with simple 3 way braid into a nearly flat cable).  It takes about 4 hours per segment, or nearly 8 per speaker.  It yields an effective gauge of about 6 awg.  Pretty cheap, nice looking and fun... well, a bit hard on the fingers.  Some folks use a drill to twist the 3 or whatever number of 8 conductor sets together, but I like the look of braiding. Also, get a really good wire stripper!   Enjoy!  Or, just listen to some music with a good Scotch.

• Like 1

Wow, guilty. I should restate that to “after some time you may find the tips of your fingers are exhibiting signs of being over worked.”

And I used to edit highly complex corporate strategy documents!  My bad.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...