DAC Suggestions

rplace

2 hours ago, orchardaudio said:

Thank you. Is there a good place to do intro post? 

Also, how do I add an avatar image I don't see the option.

For the Avatar image click your icon upper right then the lower left of that default in your profile. See screen shot below. 

I'll let @dwilawyer or others point you to an intro thread if one exists, or just head over to the "Lounge" https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/forum/98-lounge/ Don't worry they don't bite, but you will quickly find your post at the bottom of the page with talk of Pandemic, Coffee, Catchup, What people are buying, Cars and recent dead people. If you want to see something worth wile check out these two threads:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/188177-double-stack-ess-amt-1-with-wings-possible-kit-for-heritage/

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/188587-new-project-chop-top-ls-with-double-stack-ess-amt-1/&tab=comments#comment-2449173

Looks like my content count is closing in on 5K. Free toaster at 5K, right?

klipschProfile.thumb.JPG.e9a0947ff095354ae25a43a749e03000.JPG

• Like 1

Hi orchardaudio, I just added my avatar ... and yes it took a while before the website made the option available , I've been a member for quite awhile but didn't feel I could help much so I hadn't posted very often . I finally just decided to get involved and started posting here and there. About the avatar - I just would click on it when ever I thought about it and eventually the add Avatar/picture box showed up .... I'm not sure, but It didn't seem like it happened until I started making more posts here - so you might want just to jump into threads when you have a question or can contribute to the subject. 

Best Regards, 

Dean 

Good to hear your all set up! .....

-- I'm in the need of a new great dac and possibly a streamer/media player setup myself  -  so I thought I would head on over and take a look at your website , I'm not very familiar with Pecan Pi and that approach   --  🙂

have a great day!

46 minutes ago, hallcon83 said:

Good to hear your all set up! .....

-- I'm in the need of a new great dac and possibly a streamer/media player setup myself  -  so I thought I would head on over and take a look at your website , I'm not very familiar with Pecan Pi and that approach   --  🙂

have a great day!

With PecanPi you have two options:

1. Streamer
  2. USB DAC

The USB DAC is a good option if you have a dedicated computer or steamer (with USB output) already. For example if you have a Bluesound Node 2i you can bypass its internal DAC which is known to have poor performance

The Streamer is a networked device. It connects to your network and you control it from your phone/tablet/computer. It can play files from your NAS and USB storage deivces. It can also play internet radio, and work with streaming services like Tidal or Qobuz. The steamer can also act as a DLNA/UPnP and AirPlay rendered.

Both devices have an integrated class AB headphone amplifier

Edited by orchardaudio

• 3 weeks later...

Another great customer review:
“The PecanPi DAC is a wonderful addition to the RaspberryPi. The soundstage and bass are outstanding with this DAC. I have used several Allo and HiFiberry hats this clearly beats all of them.”

Full review text:

Review.jpg.14a38e81d393e478270727677fd08552.jpg

Edited by orchardaudio

I just bought a Soncoz LA-QXD1, designed and built by the guy behind the khadas Tone Board. A 200$ DAC with balanced XLR and RCA outputs, ES9038Q2M chip with the distortion hump eliminated, 32-bit 768kHz / DSD512 capability, USB, Toslink, and Coax inputs, and digital volume control so you can use it as a preamp. The SQ is an improvement over my Topping D30. Amir over at science review rates it highly. Hard to beat for 200 bucks! 

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/soncoz-la-qxd1-balanced-dac-review.13459/

Sm0.thumb.jpg.65791c7dc8db55c45c9eb7da5d36bcfc.jpg

• Like 1