Who has knowledge of cassette recording

joessportster

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

Oh, it is a Nak.. thanks for letting me know.

There is also a Service Manaual on " HiFi Engine for the Nakamichi RX 202, but I can't upload this because the file is 8 MB in size.

I have been a member of HiFi Engine for years, because I still use tape decks. 

• Like 1

Just now, MicroMara said:

There is also a Service Manaual on " HiFi Engine for the Nakamischi RX 202, but I can't upload this because the file is 8 MB in size.

I have been a member of HiFi Engine for years, because I still use tape decks. 

Another member mentioned the service manual earlier. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

I always gave my cassette decks and reel to reels a thorough cleaning prior to recording, plus I also used a demagnetizer. You have to be careful with the alcohol and store bought head cleaners because they tend to dissolve pinch rollers, belts etc., over time. Use it very sparingly but use enough to clean the heads and capstans thoroughly. Pull the input knob off and make sure the shaft and knob are set correctly. Some knobs are held in place by a set screw and could have been changed when those techs had it. Never know Just sayin'.

• Like 2

the  202 has slides,  no knobs. Thanks though

Made a test  recording  today after  cleaning the heads and setting  the EQ to recommended settings for the tape used it seems to have worked. I  dont plan to  make tapes  really  only  want to use  for playback. But  when I buy  something that was serviced I like to check all functions. Happy it is working properly now.   I appreciate all the help, suggestions 

• Like 1