Interesting new 1.4" Eminence horn driver

Dave A

On 7/27/2020 at 1:57 PM, jwgorman said:

Dave, the 18x10s with the 2” to 1.4” adaptors showed up today. Thanks for the tip. I hooked up my HF146 drivers and man they sound good. I had to do some clean up on the throats but no big deal. I think they sound better than the LTH142s or the XT1464s run passively. I took off my top hats from my two ways and they are just setting on top, so far from ideal, but they sound great. 
Any idea what horn they are a copy of? I will soon mount the N314x and take it from there. 
This is an amazing horn for the money.

are these the 18x 10 horns on Ebay 

Ok, I have been in this hobby over 40 years. I have owned ARs, Advents, Boston Acoustics, Magneplanars, every heritage Klipsch (both modded and not modded) at least one pair and my home made two way. I am ready to say with an Eminence 3015lf-4, an N314x on a 18x10 horn, passively crossed at 650hz and attenuated-11db) this speaker Is now my all-time favorite. I don’t say this lightly. I have never had a jubilee or other huge rig so take this endorsement for what it’s worth. This driver/horn is just amazing for this price. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jwgorman said:

Ok, I have been in this hobby over 40 years. I have owned ARs, Advents, Boston Acoustics, Magneplanars, every heritage Klipsch (both modded and not modded) at least one pair and my home made two way. I am ready to say with an Eminence 3015lf-4, an N314x on a 18x10 horn, passively crossed at 650hz and attenuated-10db) this speaker Is now my all-time favorite. I don’t say this lightly. I have never had a jubilee or other huge rig so take this endorsement for what it’s worth. This driver/horn is just amazing for this price. 

I read through this again, but want to clarify a couple things if you would.  Your comparison was based on the FP HF200's?  Since getting the 18x10's with adaptors you've run the FP's on the new horn as well and prefer the new 1.4 driver over the FP's on the same horn?

I'm asking because I have the FP's, various horns including the ZPX's and stack ESS's.

Thanks!  

48 minutes ago, jwgorman said:

Hey. I was actually running the HF146 drivers on the LTH142 horns, then ran the N314x on the LTH142 horns, then ran the HF146s on the 18x10s and last week switched to the N314xs on the 18x10s. 
Confused yet? :) 

Got it.  So has anyone run these against the fp HF200's is the new question for all.  LOL

27 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Well open your wallet and pour some money out and be the one to report ;-D

the prices will come down once the craze is over , there are  tons of inventories leftover in warehouses -

15 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

the prices will come down once the craze is over , there are  tons of inventories leftover in warehouses -

These are brand new horns and there are not warehouses full of them. What craze are you referring to?

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

Right. What craze were you referring to? I am interested in sales reports if you could point me in that direction.

the  100 watts sales were higher than projected  in both 1,4 and 2 inches  , but there is a  slow down  -

3 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

the  100 watts sales were higher than projected  in both 1,4 and 2 inches  , but there is a  slow down  -

Yes but what is your source as I am interested in reading it so a link would be appreciated. Also we are discussing the N314X-8 ohm driver and I do not see a 100 watt version of this so could you provide a link to that too? Of the three N314 type eminence drivers I see on their web site the N314T-16 and N314T-8 are listed as 100 watt drivers but they were not the topic of discussion and I also can't find a 2" version of these so where are you finding that?

4 hours ago, Dave A said:

we are discussing the N314X-8ohmsohm driver

I am discussing 3 drivers , a) the N314X-8 150 watts ,   b) the 100 watts  N314T-8 and  the 2 inch N320T-8 ----- the 2 inch are outselling the N314X-8 and the N314T-8  -

-prices of the N314X-8 should  eventually lower from distribution -

8 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

I am discussing 3 drivers , a) the N314X-8 150 watts ,   b) the 100 watts  N314T-8 and  the 2 inch N320T-8 ----- the 2 inch are outselling the N314X-8 and the N314T-8  -

-prices of the N314X-8 should  eventually lower from distribution -

OK Now I understand. We were only discussing one driver and I did not realize you had thrown something like the N320T-8 in there along with the other ones. It would be nice to get price reductions but considering what their competition sells similar capability drivers for I don't really expect that. I am still interested in reading the article or source you reference on sales numbers though.

On 8/3/2020 at 6:17 PM, Dave A said:

Well open your wallet and pour some money out and be the one to report ;-D

I've been doing that and now I have to sell some items to replenish the wallet.  LOL  I'll bring mine to SWAG if you bring yours.