[NEW GUY ALERT] Tire Kicking: Cornwall IV & Heresy IV

Still allowing things to happen and also trying not to drive everyone crazy with my dysfunctions. 
I have to say that it’s amazing that one could have a 7” woofer rated at -3db @50hz and then hear a 12” woofer rated at -4db at 48hz with the only other difference being front vs rear port but the bass output is startling. STARTLING.

As the Quicksilver does phase invert I remembered at work that I didn’t reverse the speaker wires. Did that first thing home and I don’t know that I hear a diff. I also put a  piece of .65” foam board under the rear of each speaker to aim them forward more (vs up) and today the teeter seems far more assertive.

Duran Duran S/T (Original pressing)

The Cult Sonic Temple (30th Anny repress)

Sisters Of Mercy Vision Thing

All had very extended tweeter action.

I will probably run a sub as planned but holy crap man, if the Heresy makes this kind of bass I’d have been F—-ed with Cornwalls 😱

that’s it for now. In a week or two I’ll swap the Focals back in and then I’ll know.

thanks again ✌🏼

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so question here as while I’m enjoying the speakers now greatly, my set up is exposed posed by the Sensitivity.

while moving some connections on the preamp (turned off) I noticed some hiss from the speakers with just the amp on. When I flipped the preamp on that sound was almost completely eliminated but then while listening to either tv or records I get this quiet but audible super high pitched sound.

I feel like the amp really grips these speakers and so I’d ideally like to stick with it. I do feeL the gain on the preamp is way high and part of me wonders if I should try the Schiit Sys again and if good with it sell the Quicksilver (which is interesting that people love Quicksilver amps but not their preamp). And look at like a Herron VTSP-3. With the SYS I can’t run a sub though (obviously). 

Thoughts?

Edited by Moosh Bronsun

2 hours ago, Moosh Bronsun said:

Ok so question here as while I’m enjoying the speakers now greatly, my set up is exposed posed by the Sensitivity.

while moving some connections on the preamp (turned off) I noticed some hiss from the speakers with just the amp on. When I flipped the preamp on that sound was almost completely eliminated but then while listening to either tv or records I get this quiet but audible super high pitched sound.

I feel like the amp really grips these speakers and so I’d ideally like to stick with it. I do feeL the gain on the preamp is way high and part of me wonders if I should try the Schiit Sys again and if good with it sell the Quicksilver (which is interesting that people love Quicksilver amps but not their preamp). And look at like a Herron VTSP-3. With the SYS I can’t run a sub though (obviously). 

Thoughts?

try a cheater plug (lifts ground) on either the pre or on the amp (or which ever unit has a three prong plug) that may deal with your hiss problem.