CARES Act PPP abuse?

DizRotus

My COVID-19 bachelorhood will soon come to an end.  My beloved mother-in-law passed peacefully sometime after 3:00 am.  She was 96 in February.  That her daughters could be with her to ease the process was a blessing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
My COVID-19 bachelorhood will soon come to an end.  My beloved mother-in-law passed peacefully sometime after 3:00 am.  She was 96 in February.  That her daughters could be with her to ease the process was a blessing.

I’m sorry to hear of her passing. Our condolences. I know it’s been difficult for everyone. It is a blessing that she had her daughters with her. May she now Rest In Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Neil,

Sorry to hear about your mother in law. Sounds like she led a full life and was surrounded by loved ones til the end. Sounds peaceful. May she now rest in Peace.

Also sorry to hear about you bachelorhood ending. I could use a little of that after six weeks of not going out except to work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Hi Neil  , Please accept  our Condolences for the passing of your Dear Wife's Mother ---and all the Best  -

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 000 said:

Hi Neil  , Please accept  our Condolences for the passing of your Dear Wife's Mother ---and all the Best  -

Amen. 96 is a pretty great amount of time for a life. My Dad's mom, who was a widow at 48, lived to be almost 105 and raised 10 kids by herself, never remarried. She was an amazing role model for the family. We should all hope to live as great and as long a life as these 2 women! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sputnik said:

Sorry for your family’s loss but then maybe there’s some comfort in knowing that the 96 years from 1924 to 2020 was an amazing time to be alive.

Thanks Sputnik.

My grandmother lived from 1896 to 1992.  That was an even more amazing time period.   Born into an agrarian society with travel by horse with manure filled streets, she lived to see powered flight, the Model T, Interstate Highway system, men on the moon, organ transplants, etc.

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Thanks Sputnik.

My grandmother lived from 1896 to 1992.  That was an even more amazing time period.   Born into an agrarian society with travel by horse with manure filled streets, she lived to see powered flight, the Model T, Interstate Highway system, men on the moon, organ transplants, etc.

Yes, I’ve often thought the same thing.  Our grandparents generation probably witnessed more dramatic change and world history in their lifetimes than any previous and perhaps subsequent generation.  The evolution and accessibility of music and other art forms was also a profound change in that time span.

• Like 1

Blessed she lived to 96 Neil.  Great that she was surrounded by family also.  Sorry to hear but you all know she's in a better place now.  My mom's 97 and we haven't been in to see her since the facility went into lock down.  No idea how she is holding up.  Her facility is fairly close and every time I hear a box running hot in the area I just cringe.  Again, sorry to hear.  My condolences.

• Thanks 1

On 4/3/2020 at 5:12 PM, BigStewMan said:

your heart was in the right place Neil.

I was definitely in the minority when I wrote a couple of weeks ago that people suck ... my opinion hasn't changed. (for clarification, not every single person sucks all the time),

And so it was discovered that the root of all evil is people.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Good News, I think.  @jwc

The status has changed to " Initiating Closing."

050120.png

We found the PPP money in the account yesterday.  Just in time really.  There was consideration for full shutdown as we were very underwater.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jwc said:

We found the PPP money in the account yesterday.  Just in time really.  There was consideration for full shutdown as we were very underwater.

Glad to hear it.

Did your employees file for unemployment, in case PPP didn’t come through?  All three of our employees, with great difficulty and much perseverance, successfully claimed, and received, unemployment compensation.  If the PPP funds make it into our accountant, our employees will again be paid and, therefore, ineligible for unemployment compensation.

Yes.  We have about 35 employees.  All but about 8 was on unemployment.  We have almost all back on payroll now.  Our concern is people filing for FMLA....and the new rules.     

After ignoring several calls to my cell phone from an unknown Ohio number with no voicemail left, the persistent caller finally left a voicemail.  It was Ryan from PNC Bank calling to initiate the closing on the PPP loan.  Documents are now reviewed and E-Signed.  The $$$ are to appear in our business checking account soon.

Ryan was a pleasure to deal with.  He informed us that PNC is the 7th largest bank, but processed $14,000,000,000.00, the 3rd largest amount of PPP loans.  That’s punching above your weight.

I’m pleased that I have had a long history with PNC.  They are big enough to get things done, but still provide personal service.

• Moderators
After ignoring several calls to my cell phone from an unknown Ohio number with no voicemail left, the persistent caller finally left a voicemail.  It was Ryan from PNC Bank calling to initiate the closing on the PPP loan.  Documents are now reviewed and E-Signed.  The $$$ are to appear in our business checking account soon.

Ryan was a pleasure to deal with.  He informed us that PNC is the 7th largest bank, but processed $14,000,000,000.00, the 3rd largest amount of PPP loans.  That’s punching above your weight.

I’m pleased that I have had a long history with PNC.  They are big enough to get things done, but still provide personal service.

This is great news. Such a relief for you. Congratulations!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

great news -----

• Like 1

It was an adventure, but persistence allowed us to make sure that our 3 employees received either a paycheck or unemployment compensation.  I’ve still got to read and digest the details regarding the documentation required to have the loan forgiven,  but it’s my plan to use the funds to meet payroll so that our employees are not penalized for declining unemployment compensation.

It’s easy to get frustrated with the red tape and hassles, but the people involved are overwhelmed.  They deserve our patience and gratitude.

On Tuesday I had the brainstorm to get Del Tacos to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.  I donned one of the masks our older son ordered for us and ventured out.  I soon learned that I was not the only one to link Taco Tuesday with Cinco de Mayo; there was a long line for the drive through.  I must have waited for thirty minutes as the line creeped forward.  It was pleasant being out of the house and listening to NPR from the safety and comfort of my wife’s car.  Other people were patient and courteous.

When I got to the payment/pickup window I observed the young masked and gloved staff scurrying around in an unrelenting activity filling the stream of orders.  After confirming that a tip jar was available, I thanked the young cashier and asked him to put my change in the jar.  He thanked me profusely.  The tacos tasted very good.

1AD58C0E-87C1-4955-A444-64085C34F436.jpeg