Luxman R115 $100 Kankakee, IL

Woofers and Tweeters

1 minute ago, ZEUS121996 said:

Thank you James,

Maybe I'll get lucky and have this fall in my lap

Mark

Good luck to you. I have one and it is under rated, IMHO.

@willland said what he did in this thread, and after a few PMs and searches in other forums that confirmed what he said, I scores both the R117 and R115. 

6 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Good luck to you. I have one and it is under rated, IMHO.

@willland said what he did in this thread, and after a few PMs and searches in other forums that confirmed what he said, I scores both the R117 and R115. 

I have been holding out for a 117 but this is a nice receiver. I am talking with him to try and pick it up tomorrow.

Thanks for the lead.

Mark

• Like 1

I have had the pleasure of listening to them both. Driving something such as Chorus, the extra power of the 117 could be used to help someone go deaf more quickly. Klipsch Heritage can do that with less power, so the 115 will do fine. Both have lots of headroom and a full body sound. 

Reading other forum's 'top receivers' type threads, the R117 gets mentioned a lot. I believe that several people have listed similar problems of the volume circuit having issues, or something like that.   

I picked it up.  I got a poor audition on it (single speaker). 

I wiped my hands down with Clorox wipes when I got back to the car.

I got it home wiped it down and gave it a quick test with cheap speakers and it appears to work fine.

I will have to play a bit more later.

@Woofers and Tweeters thanks for the alert.  Mark, let me know if you want to borrow it to play.

• Like 5

Major SCORE for that price! I have 2 (loved the 1st one so much, I bought a spare) I paid about 250.00 each for mine. The 115 is underappreciated because everyone chases the 117. With Klipsch, the 115 is plenty. My Chorus will vibrate CD's out of their storage rack at 1/3 volume 😃

• Like 2

8 hours ago, absolve2525 said:

I hooked mine up to my KLF 30s and it played super loud and clean without breaking a sweat. Have fun with it! 

They are sleepers.

59 minutes ago, 4JaxJags said:

Major SCORE for that price! I have 2 (loved the 1st one so much, I bought a spare) I paid about 250.00 each for mine. The 115 is underappreciated because everyone chases the 117. With Klipsch, the 115 is plenty. My Chorus will vibrate CD's out of their storage rack at 1/3 volume 😃

I was close to buying a second one for ~$200. You're right on it being a great amp for that price. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 7:10 PM, opusk2k9 said:

I picked it up.  I got a poor audition on it (single speaker). 

I wiped my hands down with Clorox wipes when I got back to the car.

I got it home wiped it down and gave it a quick test with cheap speakers and it appears to work fine.

I will have to play a bit more later.

@Woofers and Tweeters thanks for the alert.  Mark, let me know if you want to borrow it to play.

You're welcome. Wish I could help you more in the same way that you've helped me: Thanks, you have helped me spend thousands of dollars, and worth every dime. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

You're welcome. Wish I could help you more in the same way that you've helped me: Thanks, you have helped me spend thousands of dollars, and worth every dime. 

The basement is full, I should really stop, but...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

You're cracking me up! We had this discussion 4 or 5 years ago. How's the purge going?🙄🙄🙄

Mark

Excuse me sir!  I have a system!  Sell one, buy three, what is wrong with that!?!?!?

Just topping off my strategic stockpile of audio equipment, a pandemic preppers dream!  😁

It's not my fault audio sales have been slow (and that I haven't posted the other 90% of what I have).

The pandemic is not helping my OCD...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

Excuse me sir!  I have a system!  Sell one, buy three, what is wrong with that!?!?!?

Just topping off my strategic stockpile of audio equipment, a pandemic preppers dream!  😁

It's not my fault audio sales have been slow (and that I haven't posted the other 90% of what I have).

The pandemic is not helping my OCD...

I think your system is dialed in, you do need a pair of 1900s IF you have figured out a way to get the double bass bin in the basement without punching a hole on the walls. You know I'll be there to help you make that move. @The History Kidis making a solid living now, cut the kid a break and unload a pair of Belles on him. 

This pandemic has to be slowing your buying down, enough of it, get out there and BUY!