Combine 2 Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Systems (?)

In terms of my audio knowledge I'm definitely a newbie so I figured I would join the community to learn if this is possible. I understand that this may also be nails on a chalkboard to read as I know this would by no means result in an ideal setup, but I am just trying to work with what I have right now rather than scrapping everything for a true 5.1 system.

I have two separate Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Systems -- one is the older hardwired system and one is the newer bluetooth supported system.

I am currently using the bluetooth system with my LG TV (which they connect via bluetooth, not by 3.5mm), and I'm wondering if it is possible to daisy chain the other system into the bluetooth one to create a (very) poor man's (limited) 4.2 setup. This way, I can have one of the systems in front of me by the TV and the other satellites supporting more of a surround effect behind me and have the other sub providing some boom closer to the seating. Ideally, it would be nice to buy two male-male 8 pin mini DIN cables and connect them from the preamp on the subs into a sort of dock that allows balance between L/R channels (front and rear in my case) as well as subwoofer/volume controls.

Again, this could be the dumbest proposition in the world and it may not even be possible, but I'm wondering if it is and if so how I would go about doing it.

Thanks in advance

Edited by LJohnson32

• 10 months later...

I am also curious about this and have a recommendation that seems ingenious. Both systems have their own power source, so what if you power both on and use a 3.5mm jack splitter (I’ll attach a photo) to connect your device to both systems? If they’re the same exact system and powered by their own source, only connected via aux jack, I feel like this would work with the exception of maybe one system sounding a little different due to age or whatever may cause quality to diminish. I’m very curious to see if this works, as I have acquired a free pro media 2.1 system and am considering buying another with how cheap they are. Love this system and think this could be a great way to get more sound. 

2A8AE2AF-7D88-4187-8CF5-6FEAF5F6DC14.png

• 5 months later...

The passive splitter (the "3.5mm Stereo Splitter cable" or Y-cable) will inevitably result in hum (whether low or high pitch or both) as it simply wires the two powered Klipsch 2.1 speaker systems together. Use an active signal splitter box instead (that is, a powered signal splitter), a relatively inexpensive device. The active splitter takes the signal and reproduces two (or more) separate, duplicate signals to two (or more) devices at the same time.  Connect the input signal of choice to the active signal splitter box input. Connect one of the Klipsch 2.1 system inputs to signal box output 1, the other Klipsch 2.1 system input to signal box output 2.  You won't need adapters if you use an active splitter box with 3.5mm output (aux) sockets as the Klipsch input lines are male 3.5mm jacks. All signals will be on all the time with this setup.  I have this same setup and it works great!