The Klipsch Audio Community
justinsweber

Sold - Cornscala

Selling my Cornscalas for what I have in them.

15" Eminence Kappa 15C

Faital Large format Mid Horn with Faital HF140

Faital Larger HF Horn (Cast Aluminum) paired with B&C DE10 with its Mylar Diaphragm. 

Crossovers are custom ALK CSW450 2nd order on woofer and 2nd order on Mid... tighter bass, like a AP12-500 and a AP15-5600 put together on a single board.

The Crossover is fully adjustable like Most ALK units. 

The speakers do not use any screws... 100% oversized nut bolt fastening. 

This is beautifully braced (16 bolts for the back panel.)

Mid horn is braced and has Bob Crites Horn support. 

Cabinets are Baltic Birtch

Grills are attached with Neo Magnets. 

Heavy duty binding posts in the rear with a mounting plate... wire bite down on anything and never release over time or rotate. 

These can be shipped to the east cost for ~$500.

Very familiar with patting and helping big speakers get there safely,. 

34hz -20khz -3db and 98db efficient. These simply sound incredible. 

Justin 949-636-9076

Willing to be reasonable but not interested in giving away. 

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_2989.jpg

IMG_2992.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

• Like 3

The inside pic is of my 2way with an ES700 but you get the idea of how they are braced and build.

Justin,

How does the Cornscala compare to the newer Cornwalls?

(If you know)

Thanks,

Jeff

how do these sound compared to a Forte?

Jeff, I think they are close to being on par and or excel in some key ways. 

Crossovers are adjustable. They allows for better room to speak fit.

The new CW4 have higher order filters which is a huge step forward.. .tighter bass and greater separation/imaging but you cant tune them. The CSW450 is a 2nd order with the same tight base response. 

The horn drive combo I think is a wash.

The woofers should be on pair. Klipsch cabinet making is great, but done differently... they built for production efficiency I build with different design goals. 

The CW4 tweeter is now larger with better dispersion than ever before but the faital horn is huge and one of the best made currently. Additionally, the HF is tunable again.

All in all they both are amazing. personal and financial choices dictate. I sell to fund new builds... its been a long and ongoing process. I cant rival Klipsch for scale but the DIY members do have a high level of understanding. 

Re the Forte... The Cornscala is better for a whole host of reasons but it is more a apples to oranges question. 

The Fortes has beguiling bass and are close to 50% smaller than a cornwall. If you never hear them side by side, youll be more than pleased.

But if you play them in comparison, a CW4 or a cornscla will scale better and deliver more without fatigue than a Forte3. 

Id love to hear those Cornscala speakers but I'm afraid I would then want to buy them!

Youre in OC... Not to toot my own horn... but I have a few bad *** cornscalas at home... all worth a listen. 

• Like 1

Nice work Justin!

GLWYS

Hey man, nice speaker’s 

very well built from the pics.i also liked how you described them vs the cornwall 4 & forte 3. 

just wondering ?

whats the difference’s between your cornscala’s & the white type B cornscala’s that are also for sale, on the forum,  both seem to be great speakers & priced similarly to eachother. 

Thanks for the kind words. 

The other one used a great mid horn. Its larger in fact but it is a constant directive horn... images less than a tratrix horn but is better in some ways if you want to listen anywhere in the room (no real sweet spot).

The question is what is the mid driver and tweeter driver... I can speak to that. The HF140 is very well regarded as is the DE10. 

The crossovers are another difference. Im not sure which ALK crossover its using. My pair have the CSW450. This is a 12bd slope and provides better separation and attack.

Last question is cabinetry build quality and finishing. Bob uses wonderful Baltic Birch. I can dont know how its been made but Im sure its well done. My cabs are built using standard 3/4" ply and feature excessive bracing without use of screws. That and my speakers are fully finished. a funny aside, is it was my first time using neo magnets for the grills. I think we used 8 per side. Orig I didn't have a pull tab. I had to add the pull tabs because I couldn't get the grills off. 

Lastly, I use a 3/4 riser that has tapered edges whit edge banding. Again, its not screwed to the bottom of the cab but bolts into threadcerts. 

Both are great speakers... buyer preference. 

• Like 1