Texas state members; where art thou?

USNRET

Just curious without being too specific...we used to have a map years ago

Born in Longview but left at an early age of months, raised on ranch land north of Paris and then Clarksville for Jr and Sr High
Current: Corpus Christi
Seems that most Texans stay in or return to Tx. What say you? 

I am ready for incoming comments as in BS.

• Like 1

Just now, BigStewMan said:

stay well shipmate. 

You as well my friend. Still doing the work thing every day but due to med out folks I'm covering 4 day weekends way early to way late.

• Like 1

Currently in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could.

My family moved from Indiana when I was 6 years old, in 1966.  So, not a native Texan, but almost.

Lived in Victoria through grade school, Houston area during Jr. High and H.S., and went to college in Beaumont.  Moved to Fort Worth in 1984 to work for General Dynamics (F-16 program), and have lived in north Texas ever since.  I've had several career advancement opportunities over the years to relocate out of Texas, but none have ever seemed good enough to leave.

4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i can find Texas on a map ... does that count for anything?

Sigh, frigging Coasty Cali dude.
But  that does not count as in you can read a frigging map in order to find Tx  but can you navigate to find my crib for a beverage.

• Like 1

Born and raised on the Texas coast in an idyllic 1950's-60's Dow company town, Lake Jackson.  Left for school in Abilene and lived there about 20 years.  A detour to Florida for 10 years and now in Texarkana for about 12 years.

USNRET isn't north of Clarksville called Oklahoma?

1 hour ago, levrac13 said:

Born and raised on the Texas coast in an idyllic 1950's-60's Dow company town, Lake Jackson.  Left for school in Abilene and lived there about 20 years.  A detour to Florida for 10 years and now in Texarkana for about 12 years.

USNRET isn't north of Clarksville called Oklahoma?

~13 miles or so to the nearest beer across Red River. Now it's 8 miles to the nearest town to voted to go wet.

4 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Born in Houston.  Live in Katy.

Wondered 'bout you; somehow figured more Austin to Dallas area. Why? I don't know. And BTW Katy is Houston to us not there.

6 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I went to UT in Austin.

Yea, that horn thing as your avatar didn't point to that. My son was leaning that way, something pizzed him off and he became an Aggie. He had bought a pair of UT houseshoes at one point and left them here in his closet when he moved to College Station. As Dad I felt compelled to mail them to him hoping he would open his mail box while folks were around 🙂 

• Haha 1