Finally Audio Heaven

jcmusic

Well my journey is finally over I have been on this ride starting with this system in 2005, I love the way it sounds as is and will not be changing anything else ever again. My collection of tape decks is complete my TT will never be changed so I am good to go until I can't hear anymore. Does anyone else feel the same???

Current Setup II.jpg

• Like 4

I am in the same boat... So much so I have turned down moving on to Jubilees. 

My system is so balanced and dimensional in my listening space I have NO DESIRE to change anything to try and gain another <5% in performance.

I am so happy and so blissful I've sold off all my unnecessary audio gear... though I would love to get a 'separates' 5-7 channel class D for home theater duty sometime in the future,

22 hours ago, canyonman said:

Well my journey is finally...I love the way it sounds as is and will not be changing anything else ever again...so I am good to go until I can't hear anymore. Does anyone else feel the same???

Fortunately, the rest of the world will continue to turn. 

There are always things that can be done, both small and large.  I have no personal desire to stop learning via any self imposed stop-work orders. 

Interestingly, I'm not really a "driller" by nature (as the truly obsessive-compulsive fanatics used to be called during my sailboat racing days), but I always seem to find new things to do to improve the results...like anything else. I've found that when I learn about how to deal with little nagging issues that I hear, those little things often turn out to be big things, e.g.,

• K-402-MEH,
  • demastering music,
  • phase-flattening crossovers and Jub configuration to achieve lower phase growth,
  • controlling early reflections...

...and a myriad of other things not yet discussed.  These make a big difference in sound when summed together, in my experience.  And that's just over the past 5 years or so.  What I listen to now has little resemblance (in terms of sound quality) to what I started with ~12 years ago with the arrival of the Jubs. Each time my wife mentions that she didn't think that the sound could get better, it gets better.  There's no reason to believe this is going to stop in the near future.  Perhaps the focus will shift to other subjects than just loudspeakers, room acoustics, and enjoying listening to music, etc.

My own journey has been continuously disrupted by learning new things (whatever the subject).  I hope to continue as long as possible.

Chris

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Hmmm, I would be done, too, I think. Are those Otari deck on the right?

Yes all three decks are Otari's, I need to change my signature. I sold off the Studer's because the Otari's sound better by a good margin...

My own journey has been continuously disrupted bylearning new things (whatever the subject).  I hope to continue as long as possible.

I'm a lover of learning, too.  Never have stopped.  But when it comes to plopping down on the sofa and listening to music or the TV, I've got more than I need for utter enjoyment.

1 hour ago, Schu said:

I am in the same boat... So much so I have turned down moving on to Jubilees. 

My system is so balanced and dimensional in my listening space I have NO DESIRE to change anything to try and gain another <5% in performance.

I am so happy and so blissful I've sold off all my unnecessary audio gear... though I would love to get a 'separates' 5-7 channel class D for home theater duty sometime in the future,

Agreed, I thought about Jub's as being the next thing but, my room isn't big enough! Hell the Khorns are really to big but I have had them forever and gotten use to the sound quality. I can't go backwards!!!

9 minutes ago, Chris A said:

Fortunately, the rest of the world will continue to turn. 

There are always things that can be done, both small and large.  I have no personal desire to stop learning via any self imposed stop-work orders. 

Interestingly, I'm not really a "driller" by nature (as the truly obsessive-compulsive fanatics used to be called during my sailboat racing days), but I always seem to find new things to do to improve the results...like anything else. I've found that when I learn about how to deal with little nagging issues that I hear, those little things often turn out to be big things, e.g.,

• K-402-MEH,
  • demastering music,
  • phase-flattening crossovers and Jub configuration to achieve lower phase growth,
  • controlling early reflections...

...and a myriad of other things not yet discussed.  These make a big difference in sound when summed together in my experience.  And that's just over the past 5 years or so.  What I listen to now has little resemblance (in terms of sound quality) to what I started with ~12 years ago with the arrival of the Jubs. Each time my wife mentions that she didn't think that the sound could get better, it gets better.  There's no reason to believe this is going to stop in the near future.  Perhaps the focus will shift to other subjects than just loudspeakers, room acoustics, and enjoying listening to music, etc.

My own journey has been continuously disrupted by learning new things (whatever the subject).  I hope to continue as long as possible.

Chris

Chris,

I agree with you on the learning it will never stop especially if you chase it. My learning now is about the tape machines, since they are big and hard to move I needed to learn to do as much as I can for them to avoid having to send them out. This is where my focus is currently and I am good with that.

6 hours ago, canyonman said:

I love the way it sounds as is and will not be changing anything else ever again.

I think you could probably upgrade those old lamp cord cables.  🤣

C'mon man, you've got tape decks, a record player and a tube amp which looks like it could set those curtains on fire.  Do you have any source gear from this century? 

I think you should feel good that there's still a few things you might consider to add to your system.  You don't want to get bored.  :cool: 😷

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

I think you could probably upgrade those old lamp cord cables.  🤣

C'mon man, you've got tape decks, a record player and a tube amp which looks like it could set those curtains on fire.  Do you have any source gear from this century? 

I think you should feel good that there's still a few things you might consider to add to your system.  You don't want to get bored.  :cool: 😷

Slight correction, the only thing that I might change would be some of the settings on the Xilica just cause I can!!!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Allan Songer said:

I haven’t changed my main system in 13 years. Nearly 30 if you don’t count the CD player or the addition of a second tonearm to my table.

Wow!!! Allan I haven't seen you on here in a very long time! How are you brother?

On 4/6/2020 at 8:01 AM, canyonman said:

Does anyone else feel the same???Current Setup II.jpg

I have felt this way... many times. 😳

Some fantastic pieces in your room, VERY nice. 

I give you a round of  👏 👏 👏

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Allan Songer said:

I haven’t changed my main system in 13 years. Nearly 30 if you don’t count the CD player or the addition of a second tonearm to my table.

Wow Allan great to see you posting! Hope you and yours are doing well! You still styling with the Mac gear? 

• Like 2

On 4/6/2020 at 5:01 AM, canyonman said:

Well my journey is finally over I have been on this ride starting with this system in 2005, I love the way it sounds as is and will not be changing anything else ever again. My collection of tape decks is complete my TT will never be changed so I am good to go until I can't hear anymore. Does anyone else feel the same???

Current Setup II.jpg

Would love to see some close-ups of your components!

3 hours ago, Allan Songer said:

Suddenly it’s 2006

4 hours ago, garymd said:

This is like a reunion....

6 hours ago, NOSValves said:

Wow Allan great to see you posting! Hope you and yours are doing well! You still styling with the Mac gear? 

Look at this collective...

• Like 1