Anyone Planning on Putting in a Vegetable Garden This Year?

Wolfbane

14 hours ago, dtel said:

I wouldn't know how to act with weather like that, can't imagine it. But it's not hot :emotion-21:

We had a high of 10 degrees Celsius here yesterday (~50 degrees F). Compared to several months before, that was relatively tropical. 

Wb

• Like 1

Wife had onions planted, had to cover them last night as temps dipped down into the 20s, supposed to be there again tonight.  I was told not to use pressure treated as not just the arcanic, but other chemicals may be bad. maybe that's not the case? If so, I may use pressure going forward, but for now am using cedar.  Might consider this SIP method down the road, but for now am working on a ground soaking method with pvc I have laying around. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Never use pressure treated in a food garden 

Arsenic was removed from PT lumber years ago. On the other hand I just compared prices cedar vs. pine vs pressure treated HOLY crappola!

Two spots are planted, three are producing Asparagus beds, and I still need to till one for some peppers that are still babies. I tried hay bales for the last two years, but had 14 yards of good topsoil (lots of roots to pick out) dumped on that plot and built a raised bed.

SSH

1 hour ago, ssh said:

Two spots are planted, three are producing Asparagus beds, and I still need to till one for some peppers that are still babies. I tried hay bales for the last two years, but had 14 yards of good topsoil (lots of roots to pick out) dumped on that plot and built a raised bed.

SSH

Lucky. We got another three inches of snow overnight. Further putting back my early planting schedule.

Wb

Both planters are in, nothing special, just something built to retain little and raise up for easier access. We've had decent temps here this spring outside of the record 5.5 inches of snow Thursday night/Friday morning, which is all melted now. Nothing in the forecast for freezing temperatures in the next week, but I'm not getting fooled with that. Wife went ahead and planted some kale and some sort of lettuce and onions, we will see how they hold up. I picked up some tomatoe plants and Trinidad scorpion plants today, have them in planters along with cucumbers to take in and out until mothers day. That's it for now.
50c3506951475e864db4fb59c3a19517.jpg0996911397706fe76f1c47552a30b6a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2