Heritage | Still Built To Order?

BassMaykr

Hello, all - 

Hope you're all staying safe during this crazy time. I have a quick question regarding Heritage speakers.

I remember back in the day if you ordered a pair of higher end speakers, such as the La Scala and Klipsch models, they were built to order and it would typically take 6-8 weeks to have a pair produced from the time you ordered. Is this still the case? Are these speakers still built to order?

I ask because I'm thinking about ordering a pair of Klipschorn or La Scala speakers sometime this year, but wondering if it's even a possibility in the current environment, as I can only assume the factories are closed (as they should be).

Thanks in advance.

25 minutes ago, BassMaykr said:

Hello, all - 

Hope you're all staying safe during this crazy time. I have a quick question regarding Heritage speakers.

I remember back in the day if you ordered a pair of higher end speakers, such as the La Scala and Klipsch models, they were built to order and it would typically take 6-8 weeks to have a pair produced from the time you ordered. Is this still the case? Are these speakers still built to order?

I ask because I'm thinking about ordering a pair of Klipschorn or La Scala speakers sometime this year, but wondering if it's even a possibility in the current environment, as I can only assume the factories are closed (as they should be).

Thanks in advance.

Too bad you can't custom order a pair made with Baltic Birch and the veneer of your choice (not so limited). I'd be a buyer.

Wb

21 minutes ago, BassMaykr said:

Just getting ideas at this point so not a rush anyway,

Then in case you are unaware, look into the Jubilee in lieu of Khorns.  It is what PWK originally wanted (a 2-way Khorn)

If you are considering new Khorns, the Jubilee's will not only cost less (for the speakers themselves) they'll sound better.

You might have an issue needing some electronics.....but nothing that can't be figured oujt.

• Like 1

^^^^ Yes, THIS... JUbilees !! ^^^^ Cory Harrison also has amplifiers programmed by Roy Delgado for them in stock. Most dealers do not even Carry Jubilees, nor Klipschorns nor LaScalas let alone keep stock warehoused in surplus. To much overhead. You also might be able to get a really sweet deal because everything is slow right now, but get in touch with Cory Harrison  @metropolitanlakeoutfitters 

Roger

4 hours ago, BassMaykr said:

Hello, all - 

Thanks in advance.

they do it both ways... a few dealers have stock ready to ship in stock finishes. the factory will also probably make you a custom set if you're will to pay the piper.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, rockhound said:

Question, is it even possible to get these Heritage speakers with custom veneer such as Rosewood like you could back in the day?

Not Brazilian, but Indonesian Rosewood you can. I believe the made a pair in the last 6 months for a customer, and they had a pair on display at CES in Rosewood. I believe @Paducah Home Theater Cory said that special order wood is a 30 to 50% up charge.

Travis

Thanks for the replies, all. Yes I will keep a custom wood in consideration. Jubilees are tempting but these will eventually be going in my primary living room so no WAF on the Jubes. One day when I have a finished basement or bonus room, maybe! Haha.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 4:38 PM, rockhound said:

Question, is it even possible to get these Heritage speakers with custom veneer such as Rosewood like you could back in the day?

You can pick pretty much any of the following.  They just ain't cheap. ;)  Some are more than others.  Problem is, some sheets of veneer can cost nearly $1,000 each then Klipsch triples that.  You can easily double the price depending on what you want.  

No photo description available.