Cornwall VI vs Forte III

Rolox

Asking for a friend who is tempted by a purchase - but comparing both models in Europe is nearly impossible

Acoustically, do the Cornwall need a bigger room? (I would consider their space requirements to be about the same)

anyone heard them side by side? Big difference?

system is stereo, music only, amplifier is a big Musical Fidelity 

• Like 2

• Moderators

IMO

I have heard both and own the Forte 3 and Cornwall 3...not the 4

Tough question, the Cornwall does not need a bigger room, it will do fine in a room the same as a Forte would do fine in.

Side by side, to me the Cornwall had more bass, not deeper just more of it, the Forte has a little tighter bass but a little less fullness. 

Honestly it would be a tough choice for me, if it were a good sized room the Cornwall with it's more full bass may fill out the room better, but really either will work just fine.

For reference

Our room is 24' wide and 18' deep, completely open behind that for another 16'.........so an open room 24' w by 34' deep

Have had both in that space....

Not Cornwall 4 (don't have) but Cornwall 3 in that space, the 4 is better but a similar sound signature

And Forte 3 in that space  

Both sounded great, these speakers now are being used either in another room (Cornwall) and the Forte is used for ,mains for HT. Only because a much different speaker is use for 2 ch now, much much bigger. Not because either was a problem but this hobby is addicting, I could live with either and be happy.

All of this is just my opinion

• Thanks 1

Pretty sure there's a Steve Gutenberg video on YouTube talking about the comparison from his point of view.

I don't remember when or if ever hearing any Cornwall's (most certainly it would've been in the late '70s).  I've happily got a pair of the Forte IIIs and can say I can't see how anyone could go wrong going that route.

If there's room and cash for the Cornwall's, then by all means indulge in them.  I'm sure they're well worth the extra cost.

1 hour ago, glens said:

If there's room and cash for the Cornwall's, then by all means indulge in them.  I'm sure they're well worth the extra cost.

I have not heard either of the two but from what I can see the Cornwall IV has the advantage of a larger cabinet, larger woofer, larger mid horn and higher sensitivity, all of which are generally big pluses with Klipsch speakers. There is also the issue with front port of the Cornwall versus the rear port (passive) of the forte, both have their advantages and disadvantages based on room and positioning. If it were me based on my experiences with the older models (Chorus 1 & 2 / Cornwall / forte 1 & 2) and the price difference wasn't a big deal I'd go with the Cornwall IV hands down all day without hesitation.