Have you changed?

BigStewMan

I've lived alone for most of my life, so day-to-day things haven't changed much. Except that I never realized how much I relied upon going out to the park, or to a restaurant or store, just to get out of the house. Now there is an everpresent low-level fear every time I venture out. It's like being under a constant tornado warning -- chances of being hit are small, but if you do it's devastating. And there's nothing you can do about it except to hide in your "fraidy-hole" [*].

* A term I learned when I lived in Oklahoma. It's a hole in the ground where you go when you're 'fraid that you are going to be hit by a tornado.

• Like 6

I don't know but I just stopped at the grocery store on my way home from work and as soon as I eyeballed their stock of toilet paper.....I got pretty excited.

Just flicked on the tubes and I'm still thinking about my score....can't even concentrate on the tunes because all I'm thinking about is toilet paper.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SWL said:

...can't even concentrate on the tunes because all I'm thinking about is toilet paper.

Just back from a Wal Mart run. Found most of what I needed, except ... toilet paper. Not a square to be found.

Also noticed that current Wal Mart shoppers fall into one of three catagories:

1. Rude
  2. Oblivious
  3. Both
  • Like 1

I'm gonna freak out soon if I can't go to one of my favorite Mexican joints in the next week or two.

On the other hand.....I'm using less toilet paper this way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, SWL said:

Chicken burrito. Ohhhhh, chicken burrito.....

DIY and you can leave a tip and make yourself happy all over again.

• Like 2

We've always had a several months supply of staples on hand. Also, always a full deep freezer and two refrigerators, with side or bottom mount freezers (also kept pretty full). Something passed down from my paternal side of the family.

I've been in the habit of properly and frequently washing my hands and have only had to increase this slightly during the current pandemic.

Wb

• Like 1

DIY and you can leave a tip and make yourself happy all over again.
Actually, it's the hot sauce. We've tried but just can't get it right. Good but not great like the restaurant.