Have you changed?

BigStewMan

• Moderators

Never changed much at all, I am home most of the time, if not going to the hardware store I am either not in the state or the country. The last two will not happen for a good while. I go weeks without leaving home regularly so this is nothing for me to be here. It would be much harder for me if we lived in a subdivision and was limited on space outside, got out of that city habit of needing to go and do all the time way of living. 

Wife has changed a little more than me, she has started using that service walmart and sams has with an occasional trip to the local grocery.. You make your list on an app and pick it up on your scheduled date, pull up, text them the numbered spot your in and they load it in the back of the car.

But she does not have to go often, we stay pretty stocked up and the freezer is full, nothing else will fit in either. The only time we let it go down some is during hurricane season with the chance of losing power which is a good time to weed through it anyway.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, SWL said:

A good bit of motivation in my life is based on pizza and burritos.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Funny you say that.....  I contacted three forum members about meeting at (my old favorite) pizza place near Cincinnati which means for me, approximate 5 hour drive north, have lunch, then 5 hour drive back.

Yeah, I think it's worth it too.  Will bring home two extra pizza's to have here and gorge out over several days.

• Like 1

Having been involved with critical care stuff very similar to this I am not surprised by its existence but I am stunned witnessing its ferocity. Professionally I knew it could happen but seeing it happen is quite something viscerally different. I do hope that covid survivors provide ample and detailed testimony so that every skeptic can lay their questions to rest. We hide our sick so well that most people cannot grasp serious illness which leads to antivaxxers, et al. For this to be a true ‘game’ changer humanity must recognize its severity so that policies can be placed in proper priority. So for me personally I did not require this event to be wary and cautious. But will others now understand how fragile their existence is? Of that I am skeptical.

Yes, I have changed. I turn 62 later this year (hopefully) and have been debating on when to retire. The plan has been 67 ever since I started having a "plan". After putting up with this BS for the past month and obviously there is more to come, I am thinking 65 sounds much better. Not sure what the "heck" I am gunna do, but it has to be better than this.

• Like 4

my guitar playing skills have skyrocketed and i can now sing, dance, cook, and do jigsaw puzzles. I now read two books simultaneously and can cry out of each eye individually. Too bad the world will never see these skills because of the quarantine. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Speaking of toilet paper---This morning at the grocery store (Marc's) there were two pallets in the isles and they were both full at $3.98 per 12 rolls. Nobody was buying. The only thing missing in the store was wipes. In other words there was toilet paper up the a--.

JJK

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Speaking of toilet paper---This morning at the grocery store (Marc's) there were two pallets in the isles and they were both full at $3.98 per 12 rolls. Nobody was buying. The only thing missing in the store was wipes. In other words there was toilet paper up the a--.

JJK

Funny ... only 1100 virus cases in all of Oregon and i haven’t been able to find toilet paper for nearly a month. So happy that i well stocked up before this thing started.