Have you changed?

BigStewMan

34 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Yes, I have changed. I turn 62 later this year (hopefully) and have been debating on when to retire. The plan has been 67 ever since I started having a "plan". After putting up with this BS for the past month and obviously there is more to come, I am thinking 65 sounds much better. Not sure what the "heck" I am gunna do, but it has to be better than this.

Same here. I'll turn 62 in January. Have been planning to work until ~70 to maximize my SS benefits. But this is definitely showing me that life is too short to put up with the :pwk_bs: at work only to get home and be too tired, angry, and frustrated to do things that I actually enjoy. 

So I've decided to win the lottery.

• Like 2

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

my guitar playing skills have skyrocketed and i can now sing, dance, cook, and do jigsaw puzzles. I now read two books simultaneously and can cry out of each eye individually. Too bad the world will never see these skills because of the quarantine. 

Your phone can allow you to share, no excuse, let's see all that talent. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Same here. I'll turn 62 in January. Have been planning to work until ~70 to maximize my SS benefits. But this is definitely showing me that life is too short to put up with the :pwk_bs: at work only to get home and be too tired, angry, and frustrated to do things that I actually enjoy. 

Not me, money could ruin me and I don't want to take that chance.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Edgar said:

I just turned 38 and have been feeling this way for a few years. I retire from one job this year, plan to quit the other once I hit my 5 year mark (I am over 3.5 now), and just make my side hustle my actual job.  I have great jobs and have done "what I am supposed to" for years... I just don't give a shit anymore though. I've intentionally set myself up not to be trapped in a job like many of the guys I work with.

1 hour ago, The History Kid said:

I've decided to quit school and devote myself to becoming a full time cactus. 

Just a cactus.

If you had as many pricks sticking out of you as in you, you'd be a porcupine 🤣

Mark

I turn SS full retirement age (66) in May. I retired from the military after 23 yrs in '96. I will have 20 yrs at my present company in May as well but I was vested for their pension in 2005; slipped in before that was done away with. I have always wanted to do something like minor HT setup along the lines of hey, you don't get 5.1 surround using those L/R RCA cables and set simple gains with an old RatShack SPL meter. I can't remember how many co-workers I have encountered over the years that just were clueless about those things. Too old and slow witted to get into high end calibrations but the folks that get big box systems (BestB) probably don't know that need it or not willing to pay anything for it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, yamahaSHO said:

Have been planning to work until ~70 to maximize my SS benefits

I suggest you do the math to see how many years it takes to make a difference. Mine was somewhere in the neighbor of 10 years or so if I waited until 70 so at 80 I would realize the benefit of waiting.

18 minutes ago, USNRET said:

I suggest you do the math to see how many years it takes to make a difference. Mine was somewhere in the neighbor of 10 years or so if I waited until 70 so at 80 I would realize the benefit of waiting.

I didn't say that.  :)

Nah,same O'l same O'l here. Still working driving truck in the city,can't wait to get back to my home way out in the country at the end of the day.

I don't see that changing any and I'm not living in fear now nor will I later.

Maybe I'll cuss traffic more when things get back to normal after getting used to not fighting it so much,that part has been a silver lining in this mess for me.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Continuing to work adds to my savings, in addition to increasing SS. Meanwhile, Dad lived to 96 and Mom to 88, so I'm hoping that the difference will be worthwhile. If I end up being a rich dead man I'm gonna be upset.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Edgar said:

I turned 62 in 2018 and still plan on working 'till 70 if not a bit longer. I dunno,might go part time after 70 just for fun money,we'll see how things look then.

I'll be 64 Oct. 1st and still feel strong and in good shape for my age,climbed all over this load today throwing cables chains and binders on.

Hard work keeps me in shape and I plan to live to be 100.:D

92757206_10219089552003005_7132727238725730304_n.jpg

• Like 4