Back to Horns

Cardersound Madison V-2........................I have  been interested in the dual mouth BLH speakers for the better part of 20 years, Never got to hear them nor find a set reasonable and close by. My MUCH smaller Madisound BK16 are good in a smaller area but bass lacks. The Carders have surprised the hell out of me  when it comes to bass and resolution. Superior inner detail and nuance, Highs are actually quite nice with great sparkle. Have some cosmetic issues I want to resolve but so far I am pretty impressed with the sound

horns.PNG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ILI said:

Wow, they look very impressive! What music do you play mostly? Is that 'Born in the USA' on the screen? 

I listen to a little of everything, I would say my favorite is singer songwriter / acoustic  / folk............I put the horns through some paces  yesterday with everything from Diana Krall to Dio

Thats  Ryan Adams on the J River screen.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Schu said:

What is that specifically?

These are the Cardersound Madisons V-2 with Planet 10 upgraded Fostex 206 8" drivers. The Driver may very well be the best 8" full range driver I can recall hearing.  (It may be the way its used in the cabinet) 

One thing I am really liking is the way they reproduce height every performer is like they are on a stage approx 6 feet high  that was a problem with the OB  they did not do height well it was like the performer was at seated eye level. Thats good for intimacy but not real  realistic.  The extremes high  and  Low are a pleasant surprise.  So far this is a fruitful change the wife and I both are hearing subtle  nuances in  some favorites we thought we knew very well. Another great  aspect of these is they  seem to  play well with SS or Tubes.  

4 hours ago, ILI said:

I hope you can appreciate a joke. When studying your setup on my phone I accidently activated Google Assistant. This is what it suggested....

Screenshot_20200411_165441_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Thats Funny................🤣    I can not  find  a lot of info  either. They  are very much like the cain and cain Ben = (Big Enough) Except the Ben is slimmer and uses  a 6.5"  Fostex Driver. Its odd that more  people do not still offer BLH designs it seems to have been mainly relegated to  the DIY crowd.  Niche market I suppose

6 hours ago, Randyh said:

JO- Happy Easter ---the PLanet 10 206  -did you change the phase plug or was it  one of their total  jobs

ull planet 10 job the phase plug is wood and held in place by the drivers magnet.

The site Marvel linked is a decent site but I could not find  plans that gave measurements etc... only images skeletal type........................Still a decent site