Back to Horns

1 minute ago, RandyH000 said:

it's a very interesting cab design ,  not sure , I understood you correctly   ,  would the cab dimensions change   or  strictly the motorboard

both. 

1. The cab would be taller (increasing the horn throat and mouth area proportionately ) but other dimensions would remain unchanged (including the horn length)

2. The motorboard  would be taller (and require a larger cutout) - assuming larger drivers would fit.

Still going back and forth but I will build one or the other . Doesn't seem hard to build and I stopped enjoying home theater ever since I "downgraded" to mid-efficiency speakers.

1 minute ago, zobsky said:

both. 

1. The cab would be taller (increasing the horn throat and mouth area proportionately ) but other dimensions would remain unchanged (including the horn length)

2. The motorboard  would be taller (and require a larger cutout) - assuming larger drivers would fit.

Still going back and forth but I will build one or the other . Doesn't seem hard to build and I stopped enjoying home theater ever since I "downgraded" to mid-efficiency speakers.

yeah , I saw that so 36.5 inches tall  vs 27 inches   for the 15 inch woofer version ,  but that's gonna be very boomy with a 15  , I would build it with  twin  coaxial  12 inch woofers   -

12 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

I would build it with  twin  coaxial  12 inch woofers 

Don't see any practicality having a 12" coaxial for the bottom driver...maybe a 12" woofer on the bottom and a 12" coaxial on top.

Keep in mind this was suggested design/build plans in 1952 for the line of Jensen drivers at the time, from the G-610 triaxial on down.

I don't think Jensen ever commercially produced this suggested BLH design. They did with the Imperial...but I'm not sure about this corner version.

The BL250 tri-plex (and variants?) were commercially produced, and also had design/plans in the 1956 catalog under Ultraflex.

I have a pair of the CT100 Concertos made from plans, which is just the plain stripped down version of the BL250.

These were the days of mono, with the cabinet in a corner of a big open house, playing big band music...boom was king.

21 minutes ago, mike stehr said:

Don't see any practicality having a 12" coaxial for the bottom driver...maybe a 12" woofer on the bottom and a 12" coaxial on top.

Mike , I had seen a higher end 12 inch coaxial woofer for that Cabinet , they were made in Korea  ,  not sure if it was  the one  you were recommending , or was it from another thread , but I do remember it was expensive ,  can you remind me again , which driver it was that you were using , was it a 12 inch coaxial   ?