VA sent me on 3 out of town medical appointments, befo’ th’ Sky is Falling Virus put th’ Skeer in ‘em.

This week, rec’d 3 checks, totaling about u$120.

Line way yonder long at bank drive-thru; so, I’ll go early on Tuesday, to deposit.

What do you use your mailbox money for?

Ammo

Strange

Cigars

Rum...or?

41 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Line way yonder long at bank drive-thru; so, I’ll go early on Tuesday, to deposit.

I have a check sitting on my table for a month now -- I've been taking this self-isolation quite seriously as I haven't even went to the bank to deposit it. 

I deposit checks to my bank wmfrom an app on my phone. The app asks for the amount of the check and the  prompts while you take a pic of the front and back and hit the done button.

If you wait for the bank to process it is free. If you want it immediately it's $3.

Bruce

My wife just did the check picture thing with her two IRA rollover checks.  I told her she needs to keep ahold of the checks until she sees the funds in her account.

The checks are now in my hands to be shredded when I next go to the office.  (cash has posted)

Gotta love this part of technology.

9 minutes ago, Coytee said:

My wife just did the check picture thing with her two IRA rollover checks.  I told her she needs to keep ahold of the checks until she sees the funds in her account.

The checks are now in my hands to be shredded when I next go to the office.  (cash has posted)

Gotta love this part of technology.

Forgot to mention you hang on to the check until it posts...

11 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I deposit checks to my bank wmfrom an app on my phone. The app asks for the amount of the check and the  prompts while you take a pic of the front and back and hit the done button.

If you wait for the bank to process it is free. If you want it immediately it's $3.

Bruce

HI Bruce and Happy Easter. Do most banks use this app?  Will you please tell me the name of it, I'd like to see if it works with my credit union ... anything to keep me from having to physically go to an ATM.  My credit union is in SoCal and there are NO shared branches up here in this area. All of my banking has to be done via an ATM that is in the same network. 

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Do most banks use this app?

I'd speculate it's a growing number.

I got blindsided at work....  it "used to be" you could only hand me a check (forgetting about rollovers).  You hand me a check and it gets posted and MAYBE it would show by the end of that day......next day for sure.  I then had to write up a deposit ticket and take that day's checks physically to the bank for deposit.

Today....  point, click and you're just about done.

Makes my world much easier however I've since changed worlds.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

HI Bruce and Happy Easter. Do most banks use this app?  Will you please tell me the name of it, I'd like to see if it works with my credit union ... anything to keep me from having to physically go to an ATM.  My credit union is in SoCal and there are NO shared branches up here in this area. All of my banking has to be done via an ATM that is in the same network. 

Steve, I use an app specific for my bank. Many banks are starting to use them. I would check with your credit union. Do they already have online access?

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

yes. perhaps I should send them an inquiry about this.  thanks. 

I can make mobile deposits with my bank.  It's very simple.

You might also be interested in Zelle.  Zelle is an app many banks are using to allow their depositors to send money to individuals quite easily using their cell phones.  The transfer is basically instantaneous - meaning you can send me $300, and it will be posted in my account in 30 seconds.   Pretty cool!  Why this isn't already ubiquitous, I'll never know.    

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I can make mobile deposits with my bank.  It's very simple.

You might also be interested in Zelle.  Zelle is an app many banks are using to allow their depositors to send money to individuals quite easily using their cell phones.  The transfer is basically instantaneous - meaning you can send me $300, and it will be posted in my account in 30 seconds.   Pretty cool!  Why this isn't already ubiquitous, I'll never know.    

I don't believe you.  Send me $200 and we'll see if it works.

• Like 1

We have used xoom to send money to family in the Phillipines, and it is a simple transaction that bank to bank only takes seconds. Their fees aren't too bad. Xoom is now a pert of PayPal. Venmo is another one owned by PP, and my wife worked as an independent employee for a caregiver. They sent  money to her Venmo account and she could then transfer to her bank using her phone. The employer then didn't have any of her bank info. Of course, Venmo did/does, and as I said, it is a Paypay Co.