• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Shiva said:
21 hours ago, babadono said:

And there I am with the result:)

That is a little girls first taste of a coke.  She likes it.

Or she got a brain freeze.

Dean Martin was funny

31 minutes ago, dtel said:
21 hours ago, Shiva said:
21 hours ago, babadono said:

And there I am with the result:)

That is a little girls first taste of a coke.  She likes it.

Or she got a brain freeze.

Dean Martin was funny

I don't know about a brain freeze, but at least for me, there's something mighty powerful about caffeine.  It's not like booze or drugs, but whatever it is, it just hits the body right.  I've tried decaffeinated sodas.  Compared to regular sodas, I can safely say there is no life in the decaffeinated world.

• Moderators

I don't know if you can build up a tolerance to caffeine or not. I drink coffee all day, and can fall asleep at anytime I sit doing nothing, plus I can go out of town for a week and drink little or none and have no affect ? I would expect headaches or something from just stopping. I once switched to decaffeinated coffee and except for that first cup I never felt any difference. 

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

I don't know if you can build up a tolerance to caffeine or not. I drink coffee all day, and can fall asleep at anytime I sit doing nothing, plus I can go out of town for a week and drink little or none and have no affect ? I would expect headaches or something from just stopping. I once switched to decaffeinated coffee and except for that first cup I never felt any difference. 

There is probably no level of caffeine which can keep me awake.  I don't get wired on it.  However, I do Jones pretty bad for it.  The first swig of the day usually comes around lunchtime, and it's oh so good!

• Like 1