GIFs

sunburnwilly

2 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

It is where you are in relation to the defender at the time the ball was last touched by your own player. Still looks off sides to me, but not the best angle.

It's really close.  Who knows, they may have waived it off but it's fun to watch.

Edit: watched it again, the flag never went up.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

No offsides if the ball is in the air and you were lined out prior.

I defer to your expertise. Still this is a part of the game I don't get. I married a South American lady, prior to that I had no interest in Futbol. She's got me hooked on the World Cup when it comes around every 4 years. Clearly to me the "header" which to me is a "pass" was to a player on his team behind the last defenseman. "Offsides" But again I don't get all the rules. There are not enough refs on the field to take it all in. IMHO

31 minutes ago, babadono said:

There are not enough refs on the field to take it all in.

If you notice, there's a linesman running even with the play.  He'll throw the yellow flag that he's carrying up if there's an offsides.  It's possible that he missed as it's a bang bang play, but normally they're pretty good.  You need to be even with the last player to get a true picture of what's happening.

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

If you notice, there's a linesman running even with the play.  He'll throw the yellow flag that he's carrying up if there's an offsides.  It's possible that he missed as it's a bang bang play, but normally they're pretty good.  You need to be even with the last player to get a true picture of what's happening.

For this reason, video evidence with a superior video referee was implemented in Europe. This means that if a referee makes a decision, it can be cancelled by the video referee. The video recording is then the evidence and justifies the corrected decision.

15 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

For this reason, video evidence with a superior video referee was implemented in Europe. This means that if a referee makes a decision, it can be cancelled by the video referee. The video recording is then the evidence and justifies the corrected decision.

I've seen that.  It's very accurate and indisputable.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 1:01 PM, MicroMara said:

26 Beweise, dass Katzen niemals die Weltherrschaft übernehmen werden

Here’s video evidence that furniture evolved more quickly than cats, since now the chairs are the predators.  Some believe that this is evolutionary revenge for all the years and decades that cats scratched furniture.  Clearly, the furniture remembered the indignity of being scratched and clawed, day after day.  Now we see that memory foam is not just an expression.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 6:46 PM, sputnik said:

Wow!  And, he wasn’t kidding about what he had to pay for a top-tier bike. 

Great line!  

Technically speaking, it occurs to me that the “one-sided” rider has the benefit of two lungs and 100% of his liver to provide for one leg.  This suggests that he has more potential endurance, or efficiency in any case.  He also has less wind resistance.  If the video is not a gag, he  seems to be straining less than the two-legged rider,, and he may be pushing a taller gear as well.  It’s hard to be sure about that last thing.

• 2 weeks later...