forte III horn quest update

Alexander

As was posted elsewhere an query to Klipsch for a forte III horn was sent in and this is what came back from them.

Liam (Klipsch Product Support)

Apr 10, 3:15 PM EDT

Hi,

The part(s) you are looking for is available.

Any of our reps will be more than happy to assist you in your order.

Part Number(s):

163514 - K-53-PH DIAPH KIT - $35

If you wish to order, you can contact us at 800-554-7724 between 12:00 P.M - 4:00 P.M (EST) Monday-Friday. Please refer to your ticket number (72882) when you call to order.

Have a great day!

Prices do not include shipping and tax. Price and availability subject to change without notice.

Now maybe I am wrong but I think this might be a diaphragm kit and not the horn itself? We will give this another go at it in a few days

1 hour ago, Alexander said:

As was posted elsewhere an query to Klipsch for a forte III horn was sent in and this is what came back from them.

Now maybe I am wrong but I think this might be a diaphragm kit and not the horn itself? We will give this another go at it in a few days

Sounds that way.  The horn would be much more expensive.

You gents may very well be right but am willing to try. Here is what was in the message that was sent to Klipsch.

I currently have a pair of klf-30's and in shipping one of the mid range horns snapped off at the driver. I have read on the Klipsch forum that the forte III mid horn is virtually a drop-in replacement. If so are they available and if so what is the price for two of these?

Granted this is not actually my case but have heard of such cases have happened in the past.

Perhaps ask an official dealer if he can order replacement parts for KLF or Forte III ! Klipsch will definitely sell them if it is to repair a pair of Klipsch ;)

For example at  https://paducahhometheater.com/    ask Cory Harisson,  because I think he orders replacement parts from Klipsch >>> @Paducah Home Theater

• Like 1

They started requiring serial numbers on pretty much everything so good luck with that. :)  Some cases we have to submit pictures of the damaged item.  They're cracking down pretty hard.  There was a time where they were doing it for me but end customers had more leeway and could get stuff easier but I think that time has passed.  

11 minutes ago, Paducah Home Theater said:

They started requiring serial numbers on pretty much everything so good luck with that. :)  Some cases we have to submit pictures of the damaged item.  They're cracking down pretty hard.  There was a time where they were doing it for me but end customers had more leeway and could get stuff easier but I think that time has passed.  

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Guess it is time to move on to more important things, maybe sometime down the road we will re visit this. Have an antenna to put back up for 80/40/20 & 10 meters.