"Can sound kill someone?"

Foxman

Not sure if anyone watches the TV show Blacklist, but Season 7 Episode 13 titled Newton Percell deals with the deadly effects of sound. Anyway, no idea if the premise has any validity and am too lazy to research, but not too lazy to share this with you. Watch it, it's interesting what Mr. Percell does with his victims and why.

1 hour ago, Foxman said:

Not sure if anyone watches the TV show Blacklist, but Season 7 Episode 13 titled Newton Percell deals with the deadly effects of sound. Anyway, no idea if the premise has any validity and am too lazy to research, but not too lazy to share this with you. Watch it, it's interesting what Mr. Percell does with his victims and why.

Yes it can and I saw a story about something the French were experimenting with but it was too short range and I suspect impractical to use.

I don't know but The Blacklist is one of my favorite shows.  That being said, any other fans of the show disappointed in the episodes that have aired recently?  What's up with Red?  He's gone soft.  All this laughing and nice guy stuff.  I started the series over on Netflix and am a ways in to season 2.  The old Red was dark and ruthless.  I wonder why the writers have softened him up so much?

1 hour ago, wuzzzer said:

I don't know but The Blacklist is one of my favorite shows.  That being said, any other fans of the show disappointed in the episodes that have aired recently?  What's up with Red?  He's gone soft.  All this laughing and nice guy stuff.  I started the series over on Netflix and am a ways in to season 2.  The old Red was dark and ruthless.  I wonder why the writers have softened him up so much?

He has gotten in touch with his softer side. I think the threat of losing Denbay was the straw that broke the ruthlessness we saw earlier in the series. Things seemed to mount up with the birth of the daughter of agent Keen and the betrayal and ultimately the murder of Mr. Kaplain, but I am only speculating. He clearly has a huge soft spot for the Russian lady whose name escapes me, but that and the torture of his long time friend, the loss of Keen's grandfather... the writers seem to be implying that it is all taking its toll.

Just now, thebes said:

Silly wabbit. Of course it can, I had to have a friend upload this for me because every time I've heard it I've ended up in an ICU (whatever that is).

I have been waiting for that response.  Too much longer and I might have had to do it myself, Thebes.

10 hours ago, Foxman said:

Women have been killing us slowly for years with sound.

They commence digging your grave as soon as the honeymoon is over. Frequently complaining to you about nothing being just one tool in their grave diggers tool box! ⛏️

Wb 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Wolfbane said:

Women have been killing us slowly for years with sound.

They commence digging your grave as soon as the honeymoon is over. Frequently complaining to you about nothing being just one tool in their grave diggers tool box! ⛏️

Wb 

Oh an optimist. Got some bargains

Klipsch headphones. The over the ear for sure.

• Like 1

Kate Bush wrote a song about it... she was involved in the program decades ago.

Experiment IV

Kate Bush

We were working secretly for the military
Our experiment in sound was nearly ready to begin
We only know in theory what we are doing
Music made for pleasure, music made to thrill

It was music we were making here until
They told us all they wanted
Was a sound that could kill someone from a distance
So we go ahead and the meters are over in the red
It's a mistake in the making

From the painful cries of mothers to a terrifying scream