Stimulus Money?

kevinmi

12 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I'm not even going to look. For one, I'll probably be waiting a while. I did my taxes in January, but when I was at the tax preparers place, I didn't have my direct deposit information, so I opted for a paper check.  Not sure if they've been mailed yet, but I haven't been out to the mailbox in a very long time ... my stack of unopened mail on the counter is getting too large to add to. 

Sounds like August if and when checks will be mailed.  You can go on the irs website and input your info to have it directly deposited.  You'll get it months earlier.  Sounds like the irs really doesn't want to mail any checks out.

• Thanks 1

Just now, babadono said:

Sounds like that fucket list is getting reallllllly lonnnnnnnngggggg:)

not opening mail, well to be honest, RARELY opening mail is a long problem with me. When I moved, I had a cardboard box full of unopened mail. Years ago, a piece of mail from the courthouse caught my attention, so I opened it. It was telling me that not reporting for jury duty is a serious matter. I figured somewhere in that stack of mail was a jury summons. One time, another caught my attention, it was from my dental insurance, so I opened that one. It was telling me that six months before they had sent me a refund check and I hadn't cashed it. I wanted to write them and say, "you really expect me to look for a $5 check and then make a trip to the bank to deposit it?"   Who knows the Queen of England may have sent me an invitation to her Jubilee and I didn't think I was invited.

Anymore, I don't even go to the mailbox, my brother does and he'll generally tell me if anything looks important. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wuzzzer said:

You can go on the irs website and input your info to have it directly deposited.

I read that, but am curious. Is this a hastily prepared page on their website?  Seems that a hacker would have a field day collecting bank account numbers of everyone giving that information to the IRS.   because of my computer ignorance, I'm also computer paranoid. 

• Like 2

Just now, BigStewMan said:

I read that, but am curious. Is this a hastily prepared page on their website?  Seems that a hacker would have a field day collecting bank account numbers of everyone giving that information to the IRS.   because of my computer ignorance, I'm also computer paranoid. 

I would imagine the irs would have the highest level of security on the planet.  I'd do it if I needed/wanted the money earlier.  Otherwise you'll probably get it in about six months. 

• Like 1

I had to lay off 50+ employees exactly one month ago - our business went to ZERO in matter of 3 days. Very few of my people will qualify for ANY Stimulus because they are highly paid - most make between 90 and 115 K per year - some without working spouses might get something. CA unemployment is $450/week so they are getting that - and there is supposed to be a supplemental amount above that as well.

I applied for a SBA loan because bills don’t stop even if revenue does.

We are shuttered and I don’t really expect we can resume until late summer or early fall.  It’s a bloody nightmare. Our industry really can’t operate under any sort of “social distancing” in many ways.

I have paid by CC for years to get cash back. Logging in to portal tells me that I am not known or some such words. Doing it again to ensure I didn't fat finger it I get told that I have attempted too many time; try again in 24 hours. Based on the calculators I would expect ~$1000 or so for a fam of 4 but one over 18 in school.

• 2 months later...
On 4/16/2020 at 4:16 PM, Allan Songer said:

I had to lay off 50+ employees exactly one month ago - our business went to ZERO in matter of 3 days. Very few of my people will qualify for ANY Stimulus because they are highly paid - most make between 90 and 115 K per year - some without working spouses might get something. CA unemployment is $450/week so they are getting that - and there is supposed to be a supplemental amount above that as well.

I applied for a SBA loan because bills don’t stop even if revenue does.

We are shuttered and I don’t really expect we can resume until late summer or early fall.  It’s a bloody nightmare. Our industry really can’t operate under any sort of “social distancing” in many ways.

I did not see this when posted but was thinking of Alan's business when everything went wonky.

NUTS!