RSW-12 Amplifier Removal

LaserGecko

Howdy,

The finals in my yard sale find RSW-12 are kaput. After looking into it, I'm probably going to send it off for repair because it's beyond my skill set.

That said, I'd rather not remove anything that I don't have to remove. I can't seem to determine whether you pull the driver or the passive radiator to remove the amp. Naturally, if you don't have to pull the heavy driver, I'd much rather leave that installed just because I don't know the history of the unit. You know the drill. You do something once and after you're done, hindsight shows you the best path up the mountain.

So, how does someone do that the most efficient way possible with the least chance for damage?

Thanks!

When I needed my amp repaired on my RSW-115 a few years ago I removed both the driver and the radiator. I had to send in the amp and the "switch panel" at the bottom of the back of the sub with all of the switches and connectors - the driver is in the rear so you will need to remove it - if you need to remove and send the switch panel.

There were more wires and connectors internally than I was expecting to see.