Cornwall II finish

Kram Snave

Merrymaking The crossover issue has my attention, I was told by a Klipsch dealer the Chorus crossovers were installed during the time the Cornwalls were discontinued and it was a lateral move. 

I decided to finish the first speaker with a bees wax and keep the original veneer that was hidden under black paint and a very bad coats 92A629AA-76E9-4EBA-9676-D96AA4ED6493.jpeg.4852151eba716edeec935d33b1be05e2.jpeg

4FC9E0DC-7E40-4B34-96BF-FB0962C7EB36.jpeg

Edited by Kram Snave
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Kram Snave said:

Merrymaking The crossover issue has my attention, I was told by a Klipsch dealer the Chorus crossovers were installed during the time the Cornwalls were discontinued and it was a lateral move. 

I decided to finish the first speaker with a bees wax and keep the original veneer that was hidden under black paint and a very bad coats 92A629AA-76E9-4EBA-9676-D96AA4ED6493.jpeg.4852151eba716edeec935d33b1be05e2.jpeg

4FC9E0DC-7E40-4B34-96BF-FB0962C7EB36.jpeg

They look great!

I stripped the polyurethane and paint with a commercial grade remover. I picked up a cheap plastic scraper made for this, it worked much better than a putty knife. I ended up staining with an Early American Min Wax stain and topped with two coats of  Williamsville Wax. I rubbed the wax (with the grain) in with a 00 steel wool then buffed with the grain using a 0000 steel wool. I went back to the natural wood veneer but painted the front edge trim and the risers a satan black. Looks sharp and crisp in my opinion.. did I say I love these speakers and they sound fantastic.

I will post pictures on a separate post. For some reason when I post photos with text it gets messed up.. not a Tech person.

Mark

• Like 1